We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

Connecticut
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

It's too complicated too explain why I would want to do this but: I have a round trip ticket Cairo-New York City- Cairo on Royal Air Maroc through Casablanca, where I need to get my connection to New York City and then from Casablanca to Cairo. It's an Apex ticket. I would like to use only the Cairo to Casa and Casa to Cairo portions, and not use the transatlantic portions. (Yes, strange). I know that reimbursement for the unused portions is impossible. However, after I've used the Cairo to Casa portion (but not the transatlantic portions), would I be able to use the Casa to Cairo portion without any problem? Should I inform Royal Air Maroc? Thank you.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

Missing a sector of the ticket means automatic cancellation of the rest of the ticket.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

As Hans says the rest of your trip will automatically be cancelled so it's not possible.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,528 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

Yep, you can't do it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

Ask royal air maroc if they will change it and what the fee is

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

Nope, can't be done. As mentioned, as soon as you miss one flight segment the remainder of the ticket gets cancelled.

6. Re: Using only parts of a roundtrip ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 17, 2014