We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

Hello, I am booked to fly with Qatar airways from Abu Dhabi to Doha and then on to London.. After reading some reviews, I am a little concerned about my change at Doha.. I've got 50 Mins between flights, is this enough time and does anyone have any tips? Also I heard that there is security checks during the Flight changeovers. So Can I carry some liquor from Abu dhabi Duty Free and carry it thru to london, Because with this less changeover time i am sure that I won't be able to buy it in Qatar.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

50 mins transit in Doha is quite common. If your inbound flight is on-time it should not be a problem.

There is security check at entrance to transit/departure terminal. With a connection less than 1 hour you should get an oranged edged boarding pass wallet that will give you fast track at security.

England
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

Just to add a little to Hans' answer; Assuming you're in Economy, if you keep your orange edged boarding pass folder on display when enetering the transfer terminal the tranfer staff will guide you through the fast track security lane.

As for Duty Free, this should answer your question;

…zendesk.com/entries/20471441-I-m-going-to-b…

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

Thanks Hans and Graeme.....This releives me of all my worries....

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,817 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

I've never known the staff guide you through the fast track security lane.

We did the transfer at Doha in the same time as you have been offered. It's simply a case of getting off one flight, walking through the door and queueing for the next flight. There are lots of people doing the same thing. We too were concerned over the tight timescale, but did it with no problem.

England
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

"I've never known the staff guide you through the fast track security lane."

Well I have, that's why I passed on the info.

So there.

:-)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

Yes, sure there is staff to guide you.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

Yes the staff check which colour of pocket your boarding pass is in and they direct you to the fast lane if required.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

If you are on a single ticket and that is how Qatar organized it you will be fine, and anyway the airline would be obliged to ensure you made your next sector. I have done Doha in about an hour, made my flight alright.

9. Re: Abu Dhabi - Doha - London Changeover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 18, 2014