We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orbitz booked flight

Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Orbitz booked flight

If we miss a connection with an Orbitz booked flight (all Lufthansa), do we contact Orbitz, or just book the next flight? Will Lufthansa handle it for us, or do I have to call Orbitz? I'm trying to prepare for a missed connection based on very good advise from a TA expert!

Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
607 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orbitz booked flight

Are all the flights on a single ticket?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,935 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orbitz booked flight

If all the flights are on one ticket on Lufthansa then you don't book anything.

IF the connections were all legal connections(each airport/airline has a certain amount of time they allow for connections) then you will ask Lufthansa to put you on the next available flight.

Hopefully you have the Lufthansa locator code for your itinerary and can check on the Lufthansa web site periodically to make sure the flight times do not change.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orbitz booked flight

You should be able to go to one of the many Lufthansa help desks and they would rebook you onto the next flight with available seats. Looking at today's schedule at FRA, there are flights to PRG at 08:15, 10:10, 12:10, 16:15, 17:15 and 22:00.

As this is all on one ticket (from your earlier post it looks that way) you should get both boarding passes at ATL and on arrival at FRA head straight to your departing gate, which will include clearing immigration (only, no customs) and security. Immigration should not be a problem. Security may not be a problem either, depending on which gate you arrive and depart from.

There is also a Transfer Guide that you can download from the FRA website. It mentions that there is a Fast Track security if you have less than 30 minutes before your departing connection. I haven't been in that position before so don't know how it works - frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp…

Edited: 7:40 pm, July 13, 2013
Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orbitz booked flight

Glorious information! What a help - I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks so much.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orbitz booked flight

I missed a connection in Frankfurt last week, because the first flight was late. I have to say that Lufthansa handled things very professionally. When we got off the first flight there was an agent waiting with a sign for our next destination (Washington). Lufthansa had a bus waiting which rushed us to the proper area, but the plane had to leave. So the agent took us to a rebooking or customer service center. It took about 10 minutes per passenger, but when my turn was over I was rebooked for the next day, with a new boarding pass; my luggage was rerouted onto the same flight the next day; I had a voucher for a hotel; the agent emailed the new itinerary to my husband; and she even let me use her phone to call my home and office. Kudos to Lufthansa.

6. Re: Orbitz booked flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 22, 2014