We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

On July 5th we were booked to fly from Oahu to Maui. We flew out and had to fly back to Oahu 10 min later due to mechanical issues. They did tell us that the AC was not working properly and it will kick in when we take off. They said that there was no mechanic in Maui and the landing strip was shorter so we had to fly back to Oahu. When we landed we stayed in the plane. They piped in some AC while they figure out the issue. After 20min or so we got the green light to fly out. But wait here comes the good part.

We were only 10 min away from Maui and WE HAD TO TURN BACK TO OAHU A SECOND TIME!!!!! Everyone felt a sudden decrease in altitude and we knew it was bad. After waiting more than 2 hrs they booked half of the passengers on Hawaaian airlines that night and the rest of us for next morning. The staff is poorly trained to handle this situation. There was no food or drinks made available to us while we waited for them to book us and there was poor communication from the staff regarding the status of the bookings. They lied that rhey would get us all on a flight to Maui on the same night! GO prices are cheap but I would not risk my Hawaii vacation next time. Fly Hawaiian airlines instead- they are more reliable

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

I forgot to add that our GO flight from Maui back to Oahu was normal and uneventful. Whew!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

Airline had a mechanical issue. Airline decided to make an emergency landing. Airline got everyone where they needed to be. Some pax the following day.

What would you have hoped they had done any differently?

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

@sunmagic leeds: What should GO airlines have done differently? Here's a list: 1) Hire better mechanics and do maintenance! GO airlines needs to make sure that their airplanes are maintained accordingly and are in tip top shape so that their customers can arrive safely and on time. A bunch of us asked some of their staff if this delay due to mechanical issues happen before- the answer was sadly yes. It seems that the staff expects this to happen. 2) Better training for staff to handle delay issues. The manager was quietly busy trying to figure things out. A male baggage handler was the self proclaimed spokesperson. He needs customer relations training badly. He said things I wouldn't say. He defended the other 3 staff members buy gave empty promises. Another lady staff member told us to "calm down." Well you know we didn't calm down because we were tired, hungry, thirsty and frustrated. 3) Be prepared to have bottled water and snacks to feed the waiting passengers in case all the eateries are closed- which is our case. 4) Do not give empty promises. The manager said there were 52 empty seats on Hawaiian Airlines' last flight that night. There were 45 passengers from GO flight 1074 that night. The said we would all be able to get on board but we did not!!! Why didn't we all get on!?!!! Is it budget constraints or were there really no seats?!?

My family and I wasted our evening on the GO airlines front lobby tired and hungry instead of relaxing poolside in our Maui condo. We arrived in Maui at 7am next day. We could not use the Best Western meal vouchers since we had to go to the airport at 5am and the restaurants did not open until 6:30am. Your airline will flop!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

if u had done some research on GO then u wouldn't have booked them in the first place.

caveat emptor.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

"if u had done some research on GO then u wouldn't have booked them in the first place.

caveat emptor."

---

Please do expand on this post. I'm interested as to what you mean.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

There are several negative posts in this forum.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

Several negative posts don't make a bad airline.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

meaning if u had done some research as to the reliability on GO (and just not on TA, for goodness sake) u might have had second thoughts about booking them.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

"and just not on TA, for goodness sake"

---

There's plenty of negativity on any airline out there if you search for it.

I take it from your tone you dislike them then?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No GO Airlines anymiore!!!

it's the OP's thread,sunmagic.

not yours.