We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
83 reviews
Save Topic
EasyJet

Easyjet are unlike other airlines, they are extremely tough with both check in and carry baggage. The excess charges for baggage is very expensive, don't think you can sneak a 2nd bag through, you won't.

They consider a small woman's shoulder bag as a carry on, so please don't expect a small handbag and a small carry on to get through, it will cost you a minimum of $50E.

Clearly the ploy here is to offer cheap tickets and charge excessively for baggage- be aware!!

No longer easy jet- it should be called Hard-Jet

223 replies to this topic
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,158 posts
Save Reply
61. Re: EasyJet

" I did lack knowledge of European flights however I have now learned to stay away from Easyjet."

Why, easyJet have some of the most generous allowances in Europe so if you use anyone else the likelyhood will be the allowances will be lower

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: EasyJet

Hi

It doesn't happen so often now because of single queues for multi destinations and because the peoples of North America are more used to our European luggage restrictions, but there was a time that if we saw someone with roughly twice the allocated allowance arguing at check-in about excess charges it was with an American accent.

I have no idea of the rules that Canadian airlines have with regards to luggage, check-in times etc., but if I was flying with them I would make sure I knew what to expect. Ignorance is no defence, and boasting about your ignorance shows just how stup!d a person can be.

Ryanair are extremely generous with their allowances compared to other European airlines.

And as for taxes, give unto Caesar etc.

Jackie

Edited: 6:56 am, October 16, 2013
63. Re: EasyJet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, October 17, 2013

Taunton
Level Contributor
29 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: EasyJet

Maybe next time you go 'low cost' you will have 'lower expectations'.

A little more research before booking saves alot of time moaning afterwards.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: EasyJet

A little more research before booking saves alot of time moaning afterwards.

===

A classic 7P's indeed from Gord

Northumberland
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: EasyJet

Easyjet now need to get their act together. Ryanair have seen the error of their ways and now have allocated seating, priority boarding and best of all, you're allowed to take a small handbag on along with your carry on bag

Time Easyjet abandoned their draconian rules re bags!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: EasyJet

"Seasoned traveller" ironically given your chosen user name, your facts are wholly incorrect.

Easyjet introduced allocated seating well before Ryanair, have an unlimited weight allowance for cabin baggage unlike Ryanair, allow one duty free bag just like Ryanair, and a larger sized cabin bag than Ryanair.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: EasyJet

Hi Seasonedtraveller

Your posting is factually wrong with absolutely everything, and I mean everything. I won't repeat what Joe says, only ditto.

Jackie

Washington DC
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: EasyJet

I was quite impressed with their phone service today, as I'd called with a problem in a booking, and the agent corrected it quickly and efficiently. It was within 24 hours of booking, so different rules applied though.

Taunton
Level Contributor
29 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: EasyJet

For someone so 'seasoned' in their travelling, they are so ignorant and clearly more used to long haul flights. I'm sure easyjet would be more than happy to leave the dross to Ryanair aka chav-air! One way ticket next time you go to nz....

Reply to: EasyJet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted