We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airclicket.com

Uk
12 posts
Save Topic
Airclicket.com

Has any person booked a flight with aircliket.com , their website shows a TTA Ref U8550?

Is this genuine or bogus travel agent? There is no IATA , nor ABTA on their page, but they show to be ATOL protected. Please reply as I am about to book my holiday TIcket with this company.

Trevor.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,912 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airclicket.com

This is the travel agent that comes up with that TTA ref no:

www.traveltrust.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=148

They could be related or airclicket (I don't know them) are borrowing details with intent to do something dodgy. I would avoid in any case and book direct with airline/tour operator or reliable travel agent (e.g. Expedia,Trailfinders, ebookers).

Buy cheap, pay dear where many OTA are concerned.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,912 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airclicket.com

Sorry link did not work:

www.travel-unravel.co.uk/FQS/Default.aspx

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airclicket.com

Thanks for starting your own thread Trevor.

I wouldn't touch them. Their "About Us' page contains rather odd English, and the address listed on their ATOL registration does not match that on their web page (their web page address checks out as an accountant's office in Edgware).

If I were you, book directly with the airline or use a reputable full service travel agent.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airclicket.com

airclicket.com is trading name of Travel Unravel Holidays which was only registered in the UK October 2010-all shareholders/directors have addresses in India

Uk
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airclicket.com

Thanks everyone for your replies, I will take your advices into consideration. Its a pity that booking with airlines direct is so expensive , and having to pay everything at one go its even worst, as these agencies allows one to pay a deposits and then pay the balance within 2 months. Better safe than sorry.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airclicket.com

Don't know of any T/A in the UK that allows you to buy now/pay full amount later on airline tickets-makes me even more suspicious

7. Re: Airclicket.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, July 16, 2013
8. Re: Airclicket.com

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 16, 2013
9. Re: Airclicket.com

Removed on: 6:05 am, July 17, 2013
10. Re: Airclicket.com

Removed on: 9:05 am, July 17, 2013