We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking seats with thomas cook

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
booking seats with thomas cook

has anyone had problems trying to book seats on a thos cook flight but packaged as a thomson holiday. if you were able to book can you please let me know how you managed it

thanks mary cochrane

Nottingham
Level Contributor
935 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

I had this problem last year,i called Thomson Airways to sort the issues

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

Thomsons wouldn't normally release their manifest to Thomas Cook until about a week before the flight, so Thomas Cook wouldn't have your booking until then. If you can get your flight reference from Thomsons you could call TC airline on 0844 855 0515 and see if they could book them for you.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

I have been trying to get the flight ref number from Thomson's have been in touch with emails constantly 6 times in the last week (Pre travel communications) This is the answer I received today.

"Unfortunately we are unable to send manifest to Thomas Cook any sooner as we must ensure all passengers are captured before this is sent over to the airline(T.Cook)

With regards to your ref.no as your holiday has been booked via ourselves ie Thomson's. I regret to advise that we do not hold a reference for you to use with Thomas Cook

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

did you get your issues sorted.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

It was worth a go! Unfortunately you won't be able to prebook your seats.

Bristol, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

Hi

We booked a Thomas Cook package through First Choice a year ago. After about 4 weeks we were given a Thomas Cook reference number. This we used to to pre book our seats on the plane. We were able to do this more than a year before the holiday. We just went on the TC website and added our API and there it was.

I hope this helps

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

If it was a TC package with a TC flight you would be able to log in and add API and prebook seat numbers, irrespective of who you booked it through. The OP has booked a Thomsons package but the flights are with TC.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

Thanks, I have had a small success this morning someone advised me to phone T.Cook Airline spoke to a nice gentleman he advised me it is right that I cannot book seats until Thomson send the manifest 7 - 14days before the flight. He has noted my concerns and will get in touch with me when the mandate gets passed to T.Cook so as I can book my seats. I will keep my fingers crossed that he phones

newcastle
Level Contributor
15 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

We are in the same situation having booked with Thompson and getting free pre booked seats.thompson do not tell you that you have to phone t.cooks and I think this is terrible especially as we have been told it could be a few days before we fly and to keep trying.

Leeds
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking seats with thomas cook

Has anyone got a phone number for Thomas cook airlines? I prebooked seats in the shop when I booked the holiday. but all the seats with just 2 together were unavailable which seems strange. The sales rep said you can choose your seat at the time of booking and the flight has been available since the brochures were printed. Usually with thomsons it only allows you to book so many days before flight. I want to try phoning airline to see if I can change but can't find a number anywhere.They just keep sending you back to the shop who can't do anything!!!