We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Note to AirAsia

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
159 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Note to AirAsia

I just sent this note through their feedback page:

"When you put a sale such as this:

"Booking starts 8 Jul 2013 (00:00 GMT+8) - 14 Jul 2013

Travel from 10 Feb - 5 Aug 2014"

who is it REALLY for? Who schedules a flight 6-12 months in advance? The answer is simple, people who fly once a year (or people who have never flown before). Are these people your most sought after customers? Frequent fliers never schedule flights 6 months in advance. For the simple reason that they are flying "frequently".

You need to rethink your operations and marketing strategy. Unless of course you are content to receive "low budget airline of the year" awards every year from people who've never flown before.

Thank you for your attention."

Notice I did not mention about their site crashing every time they put a "free" seat sale, NOR did I mention the "phantom" seat sales for travel occurring within a couple of months of booking.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Note to AirAsia

Stick to whatever business you do now you clearly will not make it in today's airline business

And Airasia are a Low Cost Carrier that is their business model why change to something you don't want to be Their motto is "now everyone can fly" they don't pander to the "elite"

Statistics show;

The average international run of the mill traveller always books at least 6 Months in advance, those travelling domestically always book within 2 Months of travel

Airlines take advantage of known statistics and price accordingly, not just the odd traveller who thinks they know better.

2. Re: Note to AirAsia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, July 12, 2013
Edited: 3:05 am, July 12, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
933 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Note to AirAsia

EliasNYC, I am one of those once a year flyers because I work 40hrs a week and get 4 weeks annual leave. and thankfully with air asias sales my wife and I can afford an overseas holiday once a year. and we always book our holidays when the sales come on. we are flying to chiang mai via kuala lumpur at the end of this month due to a sale Air asia had in NOVEMBER 2012, I certainly dont mind booking 6-8 months in advance as i am sure thousands of others dont mind.

Anyway what are you complaining about, your location is bangkok , you dont need a sale to get cheap airfares to the places air asia have on special.

If I lived in bangkok I also would be a frequent flyer

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Note to AirAsia

Frequent fliers never schedule flights 6 months in advance. For the simple reason that they are flying "frequently".

----------

Plainly incorrect. The fact your job may involve flying once or more times a week with flights arranged with only a few days or weeks ahead, does not mean you may not also have some business and personal trips booked many months out.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Note to AirAsia

People who want bargains schedule their flights 6 -12 months in advance.

Especially with an airline like Air Asia I can pick up a flight from Brisbane (OOL actually) to KL for $175 if I book in advance while this special is running. If I try to book for next month then exactly the same flight is going to cost me more than twice as much. If I want to fly next week then bad luck - they don't have any seats left.

If you plan ahead you can book early and save - if not then you get to pay more. Nothing at all to do with how frequently you fly - it's more to do with how organised you are. Simple. ;-)

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Note to AirAsia

Elias, at least you will give them a good laugh when they open their feedback page (especially when they hear that they must change their marketing strategy).

Something we could all do with on a Monday morning.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Note to AirAsia

Frequent fliers never schedule flights 6 months in advance. For the simple reason that they are flying "frequently".

Not true,lots of frequent flyers schedule trips a long way out.Not so many use LCC's though,unless its for a trip with very short notice.Frequent flyer programs provide many extra benefits,which LCC's do not.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Note to AirAsia

I do not know anyone who does not plan their holidays 6-12mths in advance. The planning and excitement are part of the fun. These Air Asia (and similar) sales are the ones me and 1000's of others love.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Note to AirAsia

I am busy planning for October 2014, have been since last October 2012 it's a big bucket list trip and I don't want to get it wrong, what a strange thing to MOAN about when people book their travel arrangements!

Deb

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Note to AirAsia

Some people have to plan ahead, annual leave from work, school holidays, public holidays and of course saving for the holidays....