We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the Beach and RyanAir flight

London, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Hi! First post here so be gentle!

Just booked my first ever holiday off On the beach. It cost about £620 with flights etc. The flights are with Ryanair and it said I needed to only check in for a boarding pass. I went to do that and it seems to be charging me again? A admin fee and an online booking fee and a fare? It's totalling up to another £130. I'm so confused. I'm a total noob to holiday booking. Please help!

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Sorry online check in*

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Uh oh!

Claire,

Third party agents are not allowed to sell RyanAir flights. It's against the terms and conditions of RyanAir's website for third parties to "screenscrape" flight information and then sell them on. RyanAir reserves the right to cancel any tickets sold that way. And they are suing On The Beach over this practice.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-of-use

ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-advises-passenge…

Not saying that's definitely happened here. I would try again. Then I'll leave it up to the RyanAir flyers who post on here to give advice on what do to next.

Good luck.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Poor you. On The Beach have robbed you. This has happened to other people on this forum. Maybe they know a way round it. OTB are notorious for this.

Good luck

Jackie

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Oh no... I didn't know anything about this. I can't afford to pay another £150. When I go to check in on Ryanair it starts tallying up totals on the side. I'm not sure if I can cancel it on on the beach. My boyfriend is going to be mad when I tell him D:

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Call OTB and get them to sort it. If they won't, see if you can get your money back from your credit card company.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

And by sorting it, that should be booking you on a new fight (not RyanAir, you're aware of that one) at no extra cost.

Looks like RyanAir is upping the ante over these scraped flights. There was another case on here last week (?) re Bravofly.

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

I have just realised my departure date isn't until 17 days and you can only online check in from 15 prior so I'm hoping this is why it's freaking out. Hopefully. If this is the case I guess I need to keep my gob shut about not buying from them directly. If it doesn't work after 2 days I guess I'll sit and cry !

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,780 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

"I have just realised my departure date isn't until 17 days and you can only online check in from 15 prior so I'm hoping this is why it's freaking out."

Unfortunately that doesn't sound likely to me. Online check-in often opens prioer to 15 days before departure. We've seen other posts with the same problem as you recently. Looks like Ryanair are cracking down on 3rd party bookings.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Although I haven't flown RyanAir, I'd have to agree with Lex. Even before check in, can't you access your reservation to add things like a checked bag, priority boarding, etc? I'd expect the reservation to be there as booked.

I'd be onto OTB immediately with a request (make that a polite demand) that they fix it for you at their expense.

And, btw, hope we are being gentle. :) I'm very sympathetic. Show this thread to your boyfriend. This is not your fault. The blame lies full square on OTB, who know full well that this could happen.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On the Beach and RyanAir flight

Clare...... Did On The Beach give you an email address and a booking reference to enter for online check-in ?

There are 3 options to check in online, try them all. If Ryanair are cracking down on 3rd party bookings, how would they know its 3rd party, through just online check-in ?