We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Delta

couple of questions for the experienced flyers. Skyscanner has made my day by finding a nice saving on flights for October with Delta. It says that the flight will be operated by Virgin, happy with that! Am I better to book direct on Delta.com or use netflights or one of the other booking agents? Is Delta ok to book with? All seems ok but Delta price is more than £120 a ticket cheaper than booking the same flight through Virgin, and this is only the 2nd flight I`ve ever booked so just wanted to check it out first.

Many thanks for your help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta

I would absolutely book straight through Delta, especially if the price is cheaper. Avoiding the middle man allows you to deal directly with Delta customer service if any interruption occurs. I find Delta's website to be very straightforward. I fly with then at least once, usually twice, a month and have never had any problems with their booking process.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,997 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta

It is always best to book directly with one of the airlines and not go through a 3rd party. Booking through Delta is perfectly fine.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta

Book on the Delta site. And bonus points to you for coming on here to ask before booking through a third party.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta

Definitely book with Delta, especially of you're going to save money.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,322 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta

Delta owns 49% of Virgin Atlantic and the two airlines are forming a joint venture (just as BA and American have done). You should have no problems booking through Delta. Don't use an online 3rd party booker; just look at these forums for tales of woe when dealing with bookers.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta

Thanks everyone for your help. job done!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta

Don't book Delta. The worst customer service ever; they try to walk away from their liability. If you have a problem, they will tell you that you need to contact Virgin. Had a similar problem with them on a DL flight operated by Alaska. They take the money and then say they are not responsible...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,142 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta

We have used Delta almost exclusively for the past twenty years. I would always book directly with them. The web site is easy to use, and we rarely have any difficulty making reservations. We do find that we often get less expensive fares by going directly to the Delta web site than we do with any third party booking agent.

I have had a couple of problems on Sky Partner Flights, but Delta has always been fantastic to help me resolve them, even when the problems were clearly caused by the partner airline. In fact, in direct contradiction to the previous poster, Delta has never told me that another airline was responsible and they could not help me. If they take my money and give me Delta flight numbers they have always been great about resolving problems.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta

Charles L - Your complaint holds no validity here unless you give more detail. Delta have been very good on my flights and continue to be my first consideration when visiting the US.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
2,769 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delta

Delta is great.

Use PE or better, fly Business Class.