We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Beijing

nottingham
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Beijing

Can anyone please tell me what I can expect to pay for a round trip from London? I am looking for next year and at the moment the cheapest is about £500. Also single fares appear to be nearly as much as round trips so flying into Beijing and out of Shanghai will be expensive. Anybody got any ideas please? We're a couple of old timers wanting to do our own thing. jc.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Beijing

You can search for prices at http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ Use the 'multi-city' option.

nottingham
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Beijing

Thank you. I have already looked at flight comparison sites but what I wanted to know is if prices are likely to go down and at what point should I buy? I have no idea what a good price would be. jc.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Beijing

Nobody can can if prices will go up or down and when.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Beijing

. Also single fares appear to be nearly as much as round trips so flying into Beijing and out of Shanghai will be expensive. Anybody got any ideas please? We're a couple of old timers wanting to do our own thing. jc.

Do not buy single fares.You need an open jaw LHR-PEK/SHA-LHR or similar.You can check these using the multi city option on your airline or ITA website.They will approximate round trip fares.

nottingham
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Beijing

Thank you. I'll do that and just keep looking. jc.

6. Re: Flights to Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 29, 2014