We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

Can anyone help?!

I've been stupid enough to book flights using Opodo. I know, I know, I'm kicking myself & can't believe that, having researched every other aspect of our holiday to the nth degree, I didn't just google Opodo.

Anyway .... they've emailed me confirmation but when I try to find our booking on the British Airways website they have no record of it. Anyone know how long it might take for the booking to get from Opodo to BA & when should I start to panic? The only plus is that we're not flying for a couple of months so hopefully I can sort out any cock-ups in that time-frame. Cross that I might have to though.

PS: Please be nice: I can't believe I've done this - not normally so thick!

Edited: 3:47 pm, June 26, 2013
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,122 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

"Anyone know how long it might take for the booking to get from Opodo to BA & when should I start to panic?"

I would expect any booking made via a 3rd party to be available on the airline site within 24 hours, 48 hours maximum - if it's not on the BA site, don't wait around and get in touch with your credit company to dispute the charge if the booking fails to materialise.

Keep checking your inbox including spam folder for emails from Opodo.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

I would also say a couple of days. Although Opo-doh have gone downhill fast, some people have no problems at all.

Usually it is the customer service post booking that is severely lacking.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

Flight number would be a big help.

Phagwara, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

I'll hazard a guess you are suffering a case of anxiety because of complaints read online, and the case is probably more than likely you are just searching wrong on the British Airways website. Are you using the confirmation code? Is your flight wtih British Airways, and not through One World Partner like American Airlines (happened to me before) but booked via British Airways. More information would be welcome.

Once you have your confirmation letter, it's rare for anything to go wrong. Most of the complaints with Opodo are to do with it's customer service when you want to change something, and the lack of that basic help when something goes wrong.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

not all flights booked thru them have problems, i booked flights from heathrow to vegas, onto memphis and back to heathrow with no problems whatsoever, we only hear of the bad ones

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

Thank you all so much for all your advice & reassurance. You're right: I'm just panicking having read the reviews. Hopefully it'll be fine - we've got their confirmation email &, if the worst comes to the worst, at least we've got time to sort out any problems.

I've been so anal about every other aspect of our holiday - can't believe I was so blase about this! Fool ....

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'll post an update as it might be useful for anyone else in the same situation.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,927 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Opo'Doh failing to input your BAEC number. So the best would be to log on BA.com and input either the 6 digits reservation number or the e-ticket number. Then you'll be able to manage your reservation as usual.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

It's always better to book direct with the airlines but Opodo and dare I say it edreams their partner are big organizations and deal with loads of bookings daily, it's just that you always here when something bad happens and it's usually when an airline changes it's flight time or cancels flghts, I'm sure everything will be ok don't worry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else is in the same situation:

Well, despite all the horrendous reviews I have to say, in our case, Opodo have been very efficient. Our flights are now confirmed with BA & everything seems to be in order (I know we may still be turned away at the airport but I'm going to try not to worry about that scenario!).

They also replied very quickly - within 12 hours - to an email so no complaints there either.

The only adverse comment I would make is that they (Opodo) tried to tell us that our tickets are hand-luggage only so they tried to flog us a hold baggage allowance which would've cost around £40, whereas BA assure us that we already have a very generous baggage allowance. Whether this is a scam or inefficiency who knows ...

But all sorted, hopefully. & a lesson learned!

Thanks for all your resassurance last week. Happy holidays everyone ....

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked using Opodo - I know, I know, doh!

Well done, I guess you were one of the lucky ones. As long as the flights are all confirmed on the BA site you should be good to go. Have a great time.