We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair boarding pass issues

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair boarding pass issues

I checked in online today and have tried to print my boarding passes for the past few hours - but to no avail.

So fed up. Also when you save the PDF to print later it appears blank!

Suprise surprise its 40 euros for the priviledge of them printing it for you!

Ryanair are so much trouble.....its as if they create issues to charge you!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

'Set of clowns'.... Don't bite the hand that feeds you NigelAlison.

Without these clowns you wouldn't be going anywhere. Or at the very least at a vastly increased cost.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

There are a number of other budget airlines who don't make the online booking and passenger experience such a nightmare. I have so far always had a great flight experience, clean planes and on time. The booking and hassle of getting through the ever changing system isn't easy

However since one option might be to use an iPad how do you actually display the boarding card for the return flight. I cannot get internet access where I am going and when I get to the airport there is no free Wi-Fi to download these boarding cards? any suggestions?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,570 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

Yes, pay for seat selection and you can print up to 30 days in advance. Problem solved and you can enjoy your holiday.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

Exactly Lex.. Pay the fee of 5 or 10 pounds. Add it to the cost of the flight and think to yourself, 'now is this still good value overall'?

If the overall cost of the flight was £10 more expensive when you originally bought the flight but included return passes you wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

It's not difficult and certainly not a 'nightmare'.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

Maybe paying for Wifi at the airport or having a burger at McDonalds to download your boarding pass on your iPad is even less than the 10 pounds for the seat.

But that might not be possible in the remote location you're doing your road trip.

Manchester...
2 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

Also had problems, print could not be scaled to fit A4 whatever I tried on my Windows 7 Professional PC through Google Chrome. Solution was to save at the on screen prompt using my own filename to my own Windows Explorer folder, then open the document using Windows Explorer, from which it appears in the usual .pdf screen. Printing then worked fine from that application.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

Peter did you try other browsers? IE and Firefox being the most likely others than Ryanair would run tests on ?

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

I'm sure I've read, probably on here, that if you have printing problems which are the fault of the RA website, then just print off the error messages. Show them at the checkin desk, and they'll print the BPs free of charge.

I feel RA get a lot of undeserved criticism, either from people who've never used them, or who don't read either the T&C or the onscreen information before they commit to a booking.

(I musy admit I don't use them myself any more, but that's because they don't fly anywhere I want to go to from Gatwick. And I hate Stansted.)

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

Hi

Have you noticed that dumb people like me who only have Google Chrome and Safari on our basic computers can print out boarding passes with no trouble at all, but the brainy bods who have their Professional computers set up with all sorts of fancy do-da's to show how clever they are have an awful job.

Just saying.

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Ryanair boarding pass issues

jackie, no I havent noticed that, normally its someone who says "i cant print" with no other info, it might just mean they've run out of paper or forgot to switch it on, or perhaps they booked via BravoCheapDreams and cant login to print or maybe they are booking to soon.

Look at the OP that started this - "tried to print my boarding passes for the past few hours"

Could be anything. :-(