We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Eastern Baggage Allowance

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
China Eastern Baggage Allowance

Hello all,

I have a question about China Eastern Baggage Allowance. We are flying ECONOMY from Seoul - Shanghai - London Heathrow in a couple of weeks and want to double check the baggage allowance as it is confusing.

It says max weight 23kg/ 2 pcs. Does that mean 23kg per piece or total?

Ive also read max weight 20kg somewhere.

Has anybody recently travelled with China Eastern who can clear this up for me

please? I would rather pay postal costs than excess costs in the airport.

Ive used tripadvisor before and always found it really helpful so thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

Really dont want to turn up at the airport twice over the limit!

Thanks

Danielle.

44 replies to this topic
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,517 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

Whatdoes their website say? Forget what you "heard", what matters is thelfficial source.

The 20kg limit is for domestic flights. The way I read what you wrote is 2 pieces of 23kg each.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,724 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

Checked the website - quite clear

Economy - 2 pieces per passenger with max weight of 23 kg per piece and max size of 158 cm per piece.

…ceair.com/muovc/…2

Alamogordo, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

2pieces yes BUT one piece is for carry on 15lb./7kg the other is for a check in 44lb./20kg.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
122 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

Based on MU's Chinese website.

Hand-carry luggage is 5kg, and one can check-in 2 pieces of luggage (23kg each).

I tried to find info on hand carry luggage through their english website, but could not find it.

Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

Chinese airlines and other international airlines weigh your carryon and charge you for overage. So be real careful with the weight of your carryon.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

That's not my experience. Just this week I was flying China Eastern from Shanghai to Hong Kong and back. Our carryon was not checked for weight at either airport.

Raleigh, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

I am flying china eastern lax- shanghai in a week. Anybody, can tell me if a laptop bag is considered your CARRY ON bag.

Windsor, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

how many luggage check in n weight of each free.

Lucknow, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

For international flight one can carry max 05kg one cabin baggage and max 23 kg each two check in baggage

Shanghai Region...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: China Eastern Baggage Allowance

I just called China Eastern Airlines in Shanghai Pudong airport and an operator (her name was Song) told me that the 20kgs checked-in baggage is including 2-3 luggage as long theay are 20kgs in total. the carry-on is 5kgs. 2015.08.19

Reply to: China Eastern Baggage Allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted