We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

Hi,

I am travelling from Aberdeen to Mumbai.

I have two separate tickets from Aberdeen to London Heathrow(virgin atlantic) and then from London to Mumbai(jet airways) respectively. That means, my luggage is not through checked in.

My Aberdeen-London flight is landing at Heathrow's T1 and London-Mumbai flight is from Heathrow's T4.

I have 2 hours 15 minutes to catch the flight from T4 after landing at T1.

Just wanted to know if this much connection time is enough, considering the luggage is not through checked in and i will have to collect the luggage at T1.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Regards

Prashant Srivastava

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

The recommended connection time from T1 to T4 is 90 minutes so you should be ok but if your first flight is delayed or cancelled resulting in you missing the second flight then you are simply a no show and will lose all flights on that ticket because it's an unprotected connection as it's separate tickets.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

Thanks a lot for your answer.

But in the link they have not mentioned collecting the luggage section.

So, this 90 minutes would include that or it is applicable when the luggage is through checked in.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,565 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

90 minutes when luggage is checked through. if it isn't then it will be very tight and other options should be explored such as the Caledonian Sleeper and flying down the day before

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

You're cutting it very, very fine in my opinion.

What is the latest you can check in your bags for your Mumbai flight? I am guessing an hour, maybe less?

So that means you have 75 minutes to deplane your Aberdeen flight, collect your luggage, catch the HEX to T4, find your check in desk and then check in.

If all goes well I would guesstimate the following times:

15 minutes from landing to taxi to the gate and deplace (assuming you're near the front of the plane)

15 minutes to walk from gate to baggage reclaim and collect bags.

10 minutes to walk from domestic arrivals to the T1/3 HEX station

upto 15 minutes to wait for the HEX

5 minutes HEX journey

10 minutes to walk from HEX station to the check in desk for JET.

So as you can see - cutting it very, very close - any delay such as your flight arriving, waiting for a gate, not getting a gate and having to be bused to the terminal, delayed baggage arrival (or even worse your bag not turning up, struggling to find HEX station............

As already pointed out, if you miss your Jet flight because you're late from your ABZ flight, you would be completely at fault and the airlines would have no responsibility.

Can you look at alternatives to getting to LHR, maybe an earlier flight?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

Thank you so much every one. Even my company's travel desk agent also believes now that it is cutting very very fine. Considering the weather changes in Scottish highlands, the flight getting delayed will not be a strange thing to happen.

Travel agent is now trying to get me tickets in any earlier flight.

Thanks a lot for your advise.

6. Re: Heathrow connection T1 to T4. Connection time 2hours 15 min

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 26, 2014