We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit Airlines carry on fees

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit Airlines carry on fees

As much as I am resistant to using Spirit, their flight to the destination I need is hundreds of dollars below all other options. My question is, if there are two legs to my journey do I only need to pay the carryon fee once? I cannot find the answer anywhere on the Spirit website. Thanks in advance.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,509 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit Airlines carry on fees

With other budget airlines any fees are payable per leg. I doubt Spirit would be any different. For a definitive answer you could email Spirit.

Edited: 12:58 am, June 24, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit Airlines carry on fees

Spirit's fees schedule states that all baggage fees are "one way", and they group the carry on and checked bag charges together. So that to me would indicate that the carry on fee would cover all flights on a one way itinerary (as I doubt they'd charge for a checked bag per leg on a connecting itinerary).

I'd call them though to double check, as I have no personal experience of Spirit.

And, KUDOS to you OP for coming on here and researching Spirit BEFORE you fly. Makes a refreshing change from ranters whining after the fact. Though I don't doubt some of those will cr*p on this thread sooner or later.

Edited: 1:05 am, June 24, 2013
3. Re: Spirit Airlines carry on fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 26, 2014