We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Air - worst experience ever!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Air - worst experience ever!

In the last over ten years, I have flew to more than 30 countries with various airlines, frankly speaking, lion air is the worst ever. My suitcase is seriously damaged during my flight from Jakarta to Singapore, their customer service replied only two months after I complained, and collected my suitcase for reparation. Although I emphasized again and again, my suitcase must be returned to me without further damages. And finally my suitcase came back complete DESTROYED! After over four months negotiation, they agreed a compensation plan of giving me a new baggage, and sent me a photo for approval. However, when their compensation baggage arrived, it was totally DIFFERENT from the photo they sent me, and it was terrible! Not to mention the frequent safety problems that happened with their aircraft. It is clear that lion air is a completely unprofessional and irresponsible company. Good luck to you and your belongings if you choose to fly with them.

Btw, the original damage on my suitcase, a knife-cut hole in the front and the broken handle, was not an accident. I questioned the check-in staff of lion air at Jakarta airport about the airport tax, and they were apparently very unhappy being questioning. It is believed that the suitcase was broken deliberately and maliciously for this reason.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

I think a lot of passengers have had a worse experience than you with lion air.

be thankful it was only your bag that was destroyed.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

A damaged suitcase is your worst experience? Then you must have been lucky.

I assume you had travel insurance.

southern england
Level Contributor
250 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

since when has an airline been responsible for what happens with the baggage handlers, once that suitcase has disappeared from your sight it's out of the airlines hands.This is why we have travel insurance ,and the savvy amongst us keep all valueble items in hand luggage.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

since when has an airline been responsible for what happens with the baggage handlers>>>>>>> because they select them some airlines have their own baggage handlers

Airlines are always responsible for your checked luggage but won't pay out for valuables unless declared beforehand in which case they will tell you take em on board

Edited: 8:09 am, June 22, 2013
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

Yes, airlines are responsible for luggage, but they don't always have a choice of ground handling company.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

What was the safety issues with the aircraft please?

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

What was the safety issues with the aircraft please?>>>>> do some Googling on "Lion Air safety"

There are some airlines you wouldn't touch with a barge pole hopefully they have improved

Edited: 8:16 am, June 22, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

Jagjetfly, without being rude, are you the op?????

Quite frankly, the op refers to safety problems with their aircraft. It is not clear to me if they mean in general or something on the flight they took and I would like to understand if the issue is in general or they encountered something,

Maybe you could google it for me,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

A damaged suitcase Is that what all this rants about.?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lion Air - worst experience ever!

That's what we are trying to work out, but it would appear so, yes, and a damaged suitcase that was replaced...