We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

Berlin
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

Hey everyone!

Just new here and wondering whether anyone could possibly help out.

See: I was just looking at flights for the routing mentioned above (MAD - EZE /GRU return via IST) and found a really cheap rate on Expedia: 1,090 USD return. This was for may next year. The fare classes where Q and E for the outbound and inbound, respectively. Interestingly enough, these fairs would not show up on the TK website: they sold much more expensive tickets (about douyble the price)

Then, all of a sudden, I looked again and those fares had vanished from Expedia entirely, even for adjacent days and weeks. Just gone...

I am wondering a) how this happens (is there any explanation) and b) if it is likely for them to be put back in place again sometime... Not being a travel agent or too much of a freak it's difficult to know.

Thanks a lot :-)

P

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

I just had a look (eg 6may/13may) and can find MAD-EZE return for 993USD on American, and 1189USD on Turkish.

This was on the fare matrix http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Seems like there should be no problem

Berlin
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

Oh wow.... How ignorant I seemingly am, I had never heard about this website...

So do you know how I would be able to book that if I wanted to? I am only used to very profane online trave agents's websites, and there I don't see those fares...

Thanks again!

P

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

IF those fares listed on matrix are still available you'd have to either call the airline and ask them specifically about them or go to a travel agent and give them the very specific fare classes in order to buy that specific ticket. Fares change daily and sometimes minute by minute during the day so no one can tell you why a fare appears one day and then disappears the next.

You cannot buy from the matrix site as it is only a search engine.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,009 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

See item 4 on their FAQ page, which pretty much follows exactly what was said above.

https://support.google.com/faqs/faq/1739451…

Berlin
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for all of these updates. So, I have kept reading various things on the web and it turns out that TK does apparently not synchronize with engines very often. So what seemingly happens is that booking classes are shown on ITA, but then they are sold out (?) or so... It's really frustrating... It seems to be a specific problem of TK, maybe also of other airlines.

I tried booking on orbitz, which is one of the agents that is said to use ITA as a base and it would first display the cheap fares and then, upon clicking on them, say they were not available and offer such fares which would be much higher (again: double)

Does anyone possibly have a more qualified comment on this? Any way out, possibly a way to get the fare?

Thanks a lot again :-)

P

Edited: 9:19 am, June 21, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

I would go to a live travel agent and see if their computer can bring up the fare class you want.

I don't consider Orbitz or Expedia to be "travel agents" . They are simply 3rd party internet booking sites.

IF the fare is not available then it is not available! It is really quite early to be buying a ticket for next May!

Schedules change a lot between now and then so I'd just keep watching and maybe another low fare will appear.

Berlin
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

Thanks a lot again!

8. Re: Entire cheap booking classes vanish?!?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2014