We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,634 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

Am looking at trying to book a return flight. On the page for Essentials fi-en.flybe.com/flying_flybe/essentials.htm it states:

8kg hand baggage allowance

On any Flybe flight you are welcome to take one bag, weighing up to 8 kg and no larger than 55 x 40 x 23cm , into the cabin. More detail on hand baggage.

then click through to More detail on hand baggage it states:

Hand baggage

Hand baggage allowance on all flights to/from Baltic/Scandinavia (excl Bergen-Sumburgh)

You may carry one piece of hand baggage up to a maximum of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (please ensure that you include the bag's handles and wheels) and it should not exceed 8kg in weight. Cabin bags must fit into the baggage sizer.

So this click through explanation is concerning flights to/from Baltic/Scandanavia (excl Bergen-Sumburgh)

What does it all mean ? I only ask because I need to know.

duh

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

Different allowances on different flights.

Blue Islands also fly London City to Guernsey and it's far better, IMO, than flybe.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,634 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

Blue Islands is twice the cost and London City is not convenient. Also the cabin bag size seems smaller:

The maximum permitted size for hand baggage is 6kg, and dimensions 40cm x 30cm x 20cm, including wheels, handles and external pockets.

My point in above was simply to ask if anybody knows the answer to Cabin bag on Gatwick-Guernsey because the web site is useless. The "more detail" click through seems meaningless. I am not flying to Baltic/Scandanavia (excl Bergen-Sumburgh) !

this is stupid.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,697 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

... and you've not thought to ring FlyBe and ask?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,556 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

You are allowed one bag, weighing up to 8 kg and no larger than 55 x 40 x 23cm , and can ignore the further detail as you are not flying on the routes with other limits.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,559 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

Cadiz_lover

Cabin baggage (hand luggage) is 10kgs allowance (55 x 40 x 23cm) , I and my family fly regularly to Jersey from Exeter and family members fly Jersey to Gatwick.

Check the link below for info on Hand Baggage.

http://tinyurl.com/nuszgwd

Angie.

Edited: 5:39 am, June 21, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,634 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

Thanks Angelina....this makes sense but the page I was looking at is strange.

I also (when booking (on line) was a little miffed with the section for seat showing the aircraft plan. The seats allocated are shown however if you move out of that seat and choose another then immediately the cost is increased. Then you cannot return to the previous allocated seat. Its all meant to gain some extra £££££

On the opening page of FlyBe web site they say :

Flybe is committed to complete transparency regarding how we charge for our flights.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,559 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

Just noticed in the browser when I click on your link it says http:/fi-en.flybe.com and when clicking on the Home page the prices are in Euros, that's probably why the pages seem strange and you get conflicting information.....you would be best to be on http://www.flybe.com/ website.

Yes the seats are chosen by Flybe for you on the seat plan at no charge, but if you wish to change location on the aircraft then you are charged for choosing specific seats/row numbers.

Yes I agree it does say on the Home page " Flybe is committed to complete transparency regarding how we charge for our flights. All fares quoted on Flybe.com are subject to availability, inclusive of taxes and charges; Full details of our charges and price guide."

If you point your cursor on Full details of our charges and then click on it takes you to this link explaining all the charges. So yes complete transparency is there in black and white.

flybe.com/terms/tariff.htm#transactionfees

Angie.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,634 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

well spotted Angie !

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,559 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

No problem..........hope you get your flights sorted :)

Angie.

10. Re: Fly Be - Gatwick Guernsey - Cabin Baggae only question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 23, 2014