We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA club europe

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
BA club europe

What can I expect from flying club europe from london-madrid (lounge and flight) I.e. is champagne free or extra cost and what are the other perks to ask for?

108 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,258 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA club europe

Priority check-in, fast track security, lounge access and fast track boarding about covers it.

As you mentioned champagne is available in mini bottles (Pommery NV) and I suspect some additional liquers/spirits in the bar cart as well but I'm not really into those so don't know what they have.

If you are travelling with someone the A/C seats are better because you're a little closer to each other. In the D/F seats you have a whole empty seat between the two of you.

Edited: 2:20 pm, June 19, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA club europe

You'll have Galleries access at Heathrow; I think there is a non Schengen lounge at MAD T4S as well. In the LHR T5 Galleries you'll have to ask for Champagne, but food and other drink are on hand for pax to help themselves. BA have recently changed lounge caterers at UK airports, and so far the new catering has gone over very badly amongst most pax. Hot food is no longer available all day, and what were some rather good hot items have been enhanced into what's been called gloop.

On board there will be drinks (including more fizz) then meal service. MAD is a band 3 flight so I think you should have a choice of hot or cold meal, including salad and pudding, followed by coffee or tea (or more fizz).

Seating is 2-2; on the A-C side the B seat is minimised and not sold; on the DEF side the E seat is not sold, ever.

Club Europe is all right, but it's not got as many bells and whistles as Club World.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA club europe

You get access to the club lounge (the south one is 2 floors up as the first floor is the first class lounge.

Free papers , magazines and wifi in the lounge. Food has gone downhill recently as stated but they have started stocking the ice cream freezer again.

Meal and champagne on the flight (better food if the flight is operated by Iberia). On the newer or refiitted planes the seating is now the same both sides, i.e. 3 seats with the middle left empty.

Reasonable lounge at T4S although less food etc.

Worth it providing the premium isn't too great (£10 coming back from Germany earlier this week!)

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,865 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA club europe

If you join BA avios scheme, you get a higher tier band points by flying Club..

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA club europe

I would suggest you check this guide regarding the food on board. We were unlucky enough to fly late morning and mid afternoon recently London/Dubrovnik and got very small 'meals'. There was also no priority boarding on either trip. flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executiv…

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA club europe

Champagne in the galleries is on request,so you need to find a catering staff member and they will go to the kitchen and bring out a glass or 2.You get extra avios and tier points and you should be off first on arrival.

Unfortunately the afternoon meal has gone to afternoon tea,which is not to everyones taste.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA club europe

I'm flying Club Europe from FCO-LHR, which I used Avios to purchase. But I have a separate reservation for a connecting flight on United, LHR-ORD in Economy. Does anyone know if I will have access to the BA lounge in Heathrow, even though that's the end of my BA Club Europe journey?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA club europe

You won't be able to use the Galleries at T5 because your flight with UA will depart from T1. Since you're connecting to a flight with a StarAlliance member, your CE boarding pass won't be valid for the lounge at T1 etiher.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,721 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA club europe

You typically only get lounge access for the departing flight unless your destination airport has an arrival lounge run by your airline.

As TPlus mentioned above, you won't get lounge access at LHR.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA club europe

"I'm flying Club Europe from FCO-LHR, which I used Avios to purchase. But I have a separate reservation for a connecting flight on United"

As it's a separate reservation the UA flight is not what I would class as a connecting flight and I would be more worried about potentially missing the UA flight than lounge access - how long do you have between arrival at LHR and the UA departure.

I assume you are aware that missing the UA flight because your BA flights is delayed or cancelled will mean you are simply a no show and you'll have to buy a new ticket.

Reply to: BA club europe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted