We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

London
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

I booked on-line to leave LHR 13/03 and come back 26/03/13. Much to my surprise, whilst in Brazil, I tried to print my boarding pass only find that could not do it because my RETURNING DAY was 26 April 2013.The system flicked forward to April, this was a system orror and not mine. Definitely not possible, I would not book a return flight late April when I suppose to be at wolr in London on 28th April 2013. That was the reason I flew back from Rio on 26/03/13.

I tried to call BA in UK and Brazil, no help.

Visited their website and I was charged £280+ for just changing flight to 26/03/13 on-line. The charge was disproportianely crazy. On the flight, tehre were over 10 or 12 seats empty in the economy section, some of the seats were occupied by people sleeping on 2 seats and I really don't understand why BA rip cleints off this way without wasting energy, I changed ticket on-line (had no choice, I have change) tax for my returning flight is another issue that I am seeking legal advice for.

Coming back to UK, the dude who checked in Claudio extremely rude and very helpful. At some he asked me if I was BA staff. ?

I wrote to BA weeka ago, I did not get a reply.

I will never fly with BA without this matter being solved to my satifactioon. No reply by the end of this month of June 2013, I will go to court with giants, I AM NOT AFRAID OF THEM.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,120 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

>>> I will go to court with giants <<<

Not a cat in hell's chance. The onus was on you to check the booking details were correct before agreeing to the purchase.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,472 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

Most airlines would have asked you to buy a new ticket. It's your responsibility and yours alone to ensure that your booking is correct

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

Didn't we have an identical post to this a couple of months back? Can't find it though

Or maybe it was on another forum.

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

As this is about an airline it is really for the Air Travel Forum, not a destination forum. It has nothing to do with visiting London. Many people on the Air Travel Forum also have more experience of questions like this.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

Hi all,

Just popping in to mention that we have moved this topic here to the Air Travel forum where it is more appropriately placed.

Thanks for participating!

TA_Louise

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

Should be pretty easy to resolve this. If you booked online, you would surely have received an email confirmation. If BA made the error, simply show the original flight confirmation. I'm guessing, though, that it was your own honest mistake and not BA's.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

Claudio was "extremely rude and very helpful" How peculiar.

Agree about the confirmation email.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

'Visited their website and I was charged £280+ for just changing the flight to 26/03/13 on-line. The charge was disproportionately crazy.' No, the charge was what was laid out in the Terms and Conditions presented to you when you first booked the flights.

The change fee, plus any difference in fare, is made very clear at the booking process. It's in boxed text that some pax might view as unimportant fine print, but BA have made a point of putting it in a place where it is difficult to ignore during the booking process.

The BA website also gives pax three (perhaps four) chances to check the details before agreeing the purchase. Even in the case of 'a system error, not mine' at the start of the process, you would have had the opportunity to look at the booking before pressing the Buy Now button.

If you flew back to London from Brazil, keep in mind that the 'extremely rude and very helpful [sic] dude' will have been contract staff, not necessarily an airline employee.

You may go to court with whoever you wish, but it will be an exercise in futility. As other have said, the responsiblity lies squarely with the passenger to ensure the details of the booking are correct.

Empty seats in the WT cabin make no difference either. The change fee was laid out in the contract *that you agreed* and as such was applicable under the terms of that contract when you rebooked.

A bit of an expensive lesson learnt; should you pursue this with the airline you will lose time, emotional energy and money, all of which could (probably) be better used and expended elsewhere.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

Here's what I bet you did.

When you selected the outbound date on ba.com, you were presented with two months side by side. The month you wanted (March) was on the right, with February on the left. So, you selected the 13th of the month on the right.

Then for your return, you selected the 26th of the month on the right, not realizing that March was now on the left. Hence you got 26th April.

I've almost fallen for that a couple of times on other sites. But because I check before pushing <submit> I haven't been landed a ticket I didn't want.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My returning date chaged by a month from 26 Apr to 26 Apr 13

I've accidentally changed flight dates by scrolling or clicking, or due to the calendar layout, without realising it a number of times. Thing is, I always double check the dates and times before I proceed to a payment or confirmation screen which means I notice this error and go back to fix it.

If you have the original confirmation showing the CORRECT date and are able to prove BA changed it from their end somehow, then you should have a case for some form of compensation for the extra payment. I am willing to bet your original confirmation shows the incorrect date though, and you just never checked thoroughly enough to notice it.