We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FlyScoot Singapore

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
FlyScoot Singapore

Hi I have booked 2 adult flybag round trip ticket with flyscoot for myself and friend. Each adult is entitled to 15kg of baggage. We had a checkin baggage each with mine weighing 4kg while my friend is at 14.8kg. My concern is with the return trip. My friend will definitely hit the 15kg limit.

Given that our tickets are made using the same booking id, would flyscoot accept that the combined weight of our 2 checkin baggages not exceeding 30kg in total and not charge her for the exceed weight?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

would be just easier for her to put in excess in yours.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

We recently travelled with 5 people on the same booking number. We checked in 6 bags with a combined weight and there was no issue at all. While i am sure there will be no issue, the worst that can happen is that you transfer some items between your 2 bags while at the counter, though i am sure it would be no issue.

Remember you can purchase extra baggage allowance online up to 24hrs before your flight (at a much cheaper rate) if you feel that you will be over.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

Would Scoot allow me to check in 3 baggages of 4kg? Total weight of 12kg.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

Every airline will combine baggage for people travelling together on the one booking

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

I'm not sure about the 3x4kg = 12kg thing, but airlines do a combined weight for each booking. I'm not sure about the number of items allowed on though.. You might only be allowed 2 pieces totalling 30kg.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

Ok I'm back from my trip. I checkin a total of 3 baggages with each weighing 15kg, 5kg and 5kg, a total of 25kg. As long as each baggage does not exceed 15kg and the total not exceeding 30kg (2 pax in my case), it is fine.

Remember to always tag your baggage with your name and contact number because 1 of my baggage (5kg) is lost. Also use a proper bag for your baggage, a soft nylon flimsy bag is easy to get mishandled.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

"Every airline will combine baggage for people travelling together on the one booking"

not from my experience.

united and hawaiian are two that come to mind.

8. Re: FlyScoot Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 24, 2014