We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Lisburn, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
622 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Any experiences of Delta to Atlanta, considering booking flights for next summer as soon as there released. Last two flights to MCO have been with Virgin & BA

Lisburn, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
622 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Bump

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Yes I've always enjoyed delta,

Atlanta is a busy airport but a good place to connect in as Florida is a short hop.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

A lot of the US carriers are similar in economy re transatlantic flights. Delta have always been great for me especially from Dublin with preclearance. Cabin Crew have always been polite and friendly, meals are as good as can be expected on an airline, IFE has always worked well and flights have generally been on time, and when they haven't information has been forthcoming.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Flown LON-ATL/MIN with Delta on 767's always found them very good

Lisburn, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
622 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Thanks everyone, good to hear the good reports. Can't book just yet but using dates currently available, they are coming out a very good price, and as said that short flight from Atlanta to Florida is very appealing. The other possible route is Belfast-Newark with United but the flight down to MCO is a lot longer and with 4 young kids coming of a long flight that option doesn't appeal as much

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Delta fly 767's(wide bodied) from DUB but United fly 757's from BFS-always prefer myself wide bodied on T/A but you do have disadvantage of more travel/expense to from the airport

Lisburn, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
622 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

289jumper, travelling to Dublin adds approx 2hours each way travel time, but pre-clearing in Dublin makes up for that I suppose

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

I could be wrong on this point but don't believe that Delta flights to Atlanta pre-clear Dublin at the moment but might change after Oct 2013

Craigavon, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
361 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Yes Delta flights do clear immigration from Dublin via Atlanta to Orlando, flew this route end of June this year(2013). Flight was good when we eventually got on it, their customer service is leaving a lot to be desired at the minute though.

Lisburn, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
622 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delta Airlines Dublin-Atl-Orlando

Thanks Robbo. Can I ask what sort of price you payed per person? Seen good prices for May next year, but they just seem to be going up the closer it gets to July (which is to be expected) just hoping they class Mid August the same as May time, as then I could expect to be getting some good prices