We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling Check in Issues

Cardiff
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling Check in Issues

I cannot check in online on their website for tomorrows flight (Cardiff Airport). Multiple errors on website. Are they charging for boarding passes on airport (like ryanair) ? Ive got just hand luggage and I dont want to pay extras for checking in on airport just because their website is useless.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,280 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

To my knowledge, the only airlines in Europe to charge for airport check-in are Jet2 (unless you've paid the extra in advance) and Ryanair.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

Thank you for your reply .

I found out that the only airlines offering check in online on Cardiff Airport are BA

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,038 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

Don't worry about Vueling, I fly them a lot and like them. As you have found out the issue is with the airport not the airline

Wales
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

I managed to check in online for my Vueling flights originating in Cardiff earlier this month (and return). Maybe it was because I used the Spanish language version of the site?

There was a problem at the check-in desks at CWL however. People who checked at the airport for whatever reason and who were transiting in Barcelona weren't given a boarding pass for their onward flight. When they got to BCN they weren't able to transit airside and had to go out to the departures hall to check in at the Vueling desk.

No problems at all with Vueling - nice aircraft, friendly crew, all flights on time. Would happily fly with them again.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

p.s. BA don't fly from Cardiff ...

Abertillery, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

BEWARE OF BAGGAGE CHECK IN ....ON RETURN JOURNEY we have experienced small print PIRACY on return flight from ALICANTE we checked in with exactly same luggage as inward flight i.e 2 suitcases and one large fold up bag.. with two small sun umbrellas inside,,,,,we had to pay 35 euros as we had 3 items to put in hold... despite no warnings at cardiff airport about 2 items only....we booked through travel republic ... i did not read vueling website.. as the very very very rude check in attendant advised us to do before journey again.......this was one way to get income on a half empty flight...have sent 5 emails to vueling....same reply to all...WE Are looking in to it///have flown 3 times with vueling in past no probs with same 3 items luggage....its almost impossible to telephone them...cardiff airport in need of buisiness...will not fly with vueling again

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

"i did not read vueling website.." - Assuming they charged in line with their published policy the fact that you didn't read the website clearly makes it your own fault. The fact that you might have got away with excess luggage in the past is irrelevant.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,543 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

Seems pretty straight forward to me and NOT small print!

vueling.com/en/…luggage

one bag per person. You obviously had 3 for two people. As said by Tom, just because you got away with it in the past, doesn't mean they owe it to you in the future. BTW "Piracy" I would think Vueling could respond by saying you "STOLE" services in the past and now you are being asked to pay for them ( and not retro-actively!)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,038 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

I just flew AMS - ALC - AMS. Because the flight was quite full both ways they asked me if I would voluntarily check in my hand luggage free of charge. I already had a checked bag so was happy to do so. However I only paid for one bag and that is all I would have expected to check in FOC.

You had three bags and paid for two. You got away with this at the discretion of the check in agent three times before yet the one time you don't you come on here twice slating the airline because YOU didn't read the carriers rules and anyway the don't apply to you do they? Sad.

By the way how do you know something is in small print if you admit that you didn't read it?

Edited: 9:46 am, August 01, 2013
10. Re: Vueling Check in Issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014