We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

Does anyone know if Qatar disembarks from the front or the back, in economy please? Flight is from Brussels to Doha, with the usual short connection time. So wondering if its best to get off fast and onto the bus, so which end to sit at?

Or does it make no difference? I've not done this particular route with them, so unsure if I have booked the right seats. Would not like to risk missing the connection because we were last to disembark.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

Usually from the back, but often also from the front after business class pax have disembarked.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,291 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

We got off at the front when travelling from Doha to Tunis. Fabulous airline.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

Thanks, it's a large plane, 8 across, and we had reserved three seats together about 4 rows from the back, where it narrows, was having some second thoughts on it, willing to offset the closeness to the loos by ensuring its just us, but not if it means we are last off and could have a connection issue.

If they disembark from the back though, we should be good. The onward connection is a smaller plane, 6 across, and I am pretty sure that will be front only, but are not under time pressure there, plus we are seated at the front. It's the bxls to Doha leg that is concerning me.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,843 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

On our Manchester to Doha flight last November disembarkation was from the rear (it had been from the front the year before) and we were sat at the front. No problem, other than hurrying up through Security Fast Lane, catching our connection to Phuket with just over an hour's connection. Disembarkation in Phuket was at the front but at the rear on return leg in Doha.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

We have just returned from Asia and flew with Qatar, on the way out we all disembarked from the front and on the way back there were both front and rear doors open but in any case the buses are waiting on the tarmac and leave one after the other as they get full so you more or less all arrive together, if you get a yellow holder for your boarding cards it means you don't have to be fast tracked but if you have under an hour you get a yellow and brown holder which allows you to go straight to the fast track security line to put your hand luggage through the scanner but in any case it's all a very quick process even if you are not in the fast track lane.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

Thank you very much all. We will stick with our seats, mind at rest, even if it does disembark the other end:-))

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

yellow and brown

--------------------

It's actually an orange-edged yellow boarding pass wallet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

Unless you are color blind:-)) my father is and once came home with a new suit in a pale green colour and swore blind it was blue or something similar when we questioned why he had purchased a green suit of all things.l.Lol.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,843 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

We had the normal yellow edged pass even though we had a tight transfer time. Our flight into Doha was delayed making it even tighter but when we approached Security and approached one of the very helpful members of staff there to advise incoming passengers he just directed us through the Fast Track lane. No dramas, no problems - no time for Duty Free!! :-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar airlines,,,,disembarking order,,,

that makes me feel better. we do have a good amount of time, 1hr 30, but as usual with connections, anything under two hours makes me nervous....