We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surname on ticket missing a space

Canberra, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
surname on ticket missing a space

Hi, we are going to europe and we booked our tix last year..my surname on my passport has a space in the middle, e.g. aaaa aaaaaaaa however has been spelt on the ticket as one word. when i raised it with the travel agent at the time said would be fine. im going to go back and ask again...what do you think??

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surname on ticket missing a space

It will be fine. Tickets are often missing spaces. My tickets usually read BLOGGS/MRNICK.

UK
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: surname on ticket missing a space

Booking systems (just like domain names and email addresses) don't support spaces

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surname on ticket missing a space

You will be fine.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: surname on ticket missing a space

They always leave out the hyphen in my surname and often leave off the last few letters. As long as the letters that are there are in the right order and match the passport I am using, I have never had a problem.

Edited: 9:59 am, May 27, 2013
5. Re: surname on ticket missing a space

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 29, 2014