We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tap : the portuguese company

Porto Alegre, Brazil
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
tap : the portuguese company

I would like to report the horrible service and service reservations of TAP (the Portuguese Company). They made a mass with my reservations and change my flights a lot of times so I became really stressed with them! Next time I will try anothet company. It was never happened to me some service like TAP! Really bad !

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tap : the portuguese company

Hi,

Your post doesn't give a lot of details as to what this mess (I will assume to be mess versus mass) was related to your reservation, but as to the idea that they made a lot of schedule changes, do know that nearly EVERY airline does this at various points in time.

So, IF you idea to switch from Iberia to someone else, is motivated by the notion that this other carrier won't have changes, that's not the reality.

Of course, HOW they are handled can and does vary, and I suspect that just from what you've written, your larger issue where is how these changes were made. but just know that time changes are very common in the industry and not limited to just a few carriers or even regions.

Travel Safe,

Porto Alegre, Brazil
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tap : the portuguese company

I am not agree with your point of view.To me was stressfull and I intent to move an action in justce toward TAP . Of course the flights can be change sometimes but not a day before you are living! They change a flight to Rome-Lisbon a day before / i mean TODAY: so have just payed my Rome's hotel and know I stayed with no hotel at all. Should I have enjoy to sleep at the airport??

Edited: 3:46 am, May 26, 2013
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tap : the portuguese company

I am not agree with your point of view.To me was stressfull and I intent to move an action in justce toward TAP . Of course the flights can be change sometimes but not a day before you are living! They change a flight to Rome-Lisbon a day before / i mean TODAY: so have just payed my Rome's hotel and know I stayed with no hotel at all. Should I have enjoy to sleep at the airport??

Edited: 3:48 am, May 26, 2013
Illinois
Level Contributor
17,899 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tap : the portuguese company

Perhaps if you explained what happened and what (if anything) you need assistance with, posters would be better able to advise you.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,521 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tap : the portuguese company

Some more details about your original flight schedule, and what it was changed to, and when, would help.

IF TAP canceled your originally scheduled flight just a day before you were due to fly, then you may be entitled to compensation under EU261/2004 - eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do…

6. Re: tap : the portuguese company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 28, 2014