We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG airport

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CDG airport

Hey guys,

Im actually going to be traveling alone for the first time this summer and im going to be landing in CDG airport before making my final stop in Montreal.

I have almost three hours but i arrive at T2A and my next flight is from T2E.. I've been reading around and everyone is saying it is really difficult and there are alot of shuttles and trains to take. I need to be fully prepared, since missing my flight is not an option.

Any advice?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG airport

3 hours should be plenty of time.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG airport

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/Resources/0d7e29fd-1…

This map should help don't see why you need to get a train from 2A to 2E

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG airport

It isn't really all that difficult. A bit tedious, yes, but not difficult.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG airport

I used to say that CDG is confusing and difficult, but I connected there a few weeks ago and found the signage much improved, so it was really very easy. What I still find confusing is the train system, so my suggestion is to just follow the signs and walk, and with 3 hours you'll have plenty of time.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,862 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG airport

See also www.easycdg.com

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG airport

This was really helpful, i feel safe now with the maps and link.. Thankyou !

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG airport

I had a transit through there in March from 2E to 2C with a 1 hour 10 minute connection, made it with no problems via the shuttle bus. Only thing thats going to slow you down is security. Did the same thing in reverse about week later but had 3 hours this time, I did though have to change shuttle bus half way through this time but the airport staff were on hand to guide me through everything and I found them all to be most helpful.

I don't recall seeing an option to walk between terminals, so this may only be possible if you pass through immigration.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG airport

I have to say, I don't like CDg,it's my least favourite airport, and I say that as someone used to airports. It's the only one I absolutely hate,

Just don't get frustrated, stay calm, and you will work it out. It's doable, just not as intuitive as other airports when in a hurry,

As said before, my first experience of it, was trying to get to a specific check in desk, say no 19. Signpost said desks 1 to 26 this way, got there and two desks missing, desks 19 and 20. What, are your fricken kidding me? Who has a numerological order with two desks missing? When did 16, 17, 18, 21, 22 become normal? Where is 19 and 20 and why is there no signs?

The missing two desks were at the opposite end of the terminal and not signposted till you were literally at them. It's a crazy place if you happen to hit unlucky. Not so much if you don't.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG airport

The fastest and easiest way to get between 2A and 2E is to walk. Just follow the overhead signage and you'll get there. It's really not bad at all.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,961 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG airport

I agree with Craig1963, but walking requires going land-side. So the OP would need either a Schengen visa or a European passport (or one not requiring a visa).