We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

Whitley Bay, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

Has anyone used this route?

We usually use BA or American but their pricing for April/May 2014 is horrendous as the moment.

I'm tempted by AF's pricing but don't want to end up with a missed connection in CDG :-(

The alternative is to wait until BA's prices drop £300 per ticket :-) I need four tickets so that's a big factor for me

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

I haven't connected with them but have flown ncl to cdg, it was an horrendous airport and I would never wish to change there. I'd probably go for an amsterdam or heathrow transfer if it was me.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

CDG AF connections were improved a lot after a reorganisation in 2012. So if the price interesting, it is in my view an option. KLM via AMS is another one as the previous poster mentioned.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,317 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

"We usually use BA or American but their pricing for April/May 2014 is horrendous as the moment."

Flights for this period will only have recently gone on sale so prices will probably be high as your desire to buy is greater than the airlines need to sell - I'd personally wait rather than buying now but as ever with fares there is always a risk.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

"I'm tempted by AF's pricing but don't want to end up with a missed connection in CDG."

================================================

Kind of vague post. What are the prices involved? Why are you worried? Because of a tight connection of just CDG in general? How long is the connection?

Edited: 11:34 am, May 25, 2013
Whitley Bay, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

AF £643; BA £1034.

Connection time 1:40 outbound; 1:50 inbound

I'm using skyscanner.net to monitor the prices.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

Go for AF then! 100 minutes is ample at CDG.

uk
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

Go for AF - CDG isn't the best airport in the world but for that level of cost saving I wouldn't think twice.

Transferring at CDG is no worse and possibly better than transfering from T5 to T3 at LHR. The odds of a missed connection at CDG aren't much difference than at LHR.

I assume you're looking at EC for those prices so you'll not experience any real onboard difference compared to BA and will probably find it better than AA.

A final consideration however is that you'll not earn Avios on AF and Flying Blue is called Flying Poo in our house and the scheme is very poor IMO. Status and miles do matter to some people.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

I do Exeter to TLV via CDG and have done Bristol TLV via CDG with an hour transfer with Air France. No real issues and the price works for me. If you can do via AMS then that is better aesthetically but I wouldn't have an issue with AF.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

Which terminals in CDG is it?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France Newcastle (UK) to Miami via CDG

I connect via CDG to the US all the time on Air France and it really isn't all that bad if you have 1:40 to connect. AAF New Castle flights arrive at 2E the non Shengen terminal. Miami is a non-Shengan flight as well and it departs from 2F so you just have to walk across to Non Shengan 2F. Overall, it should be relative simple walk. This link will show you a map and you can see the distance between 2E and 2F.

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/Resources/0d7e29fd-1…

Edited: 9:47 am, May 26, 2013