We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free K/L

australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Duty Free K/L

We are stopping overnight at Sama Sama hotel, if we go straight to hotel from flight can I go back into the airport to purchase my Duty Free for the next mornings flight to Koh Samui? Also will they keep it there and have at gate in morning for collection or can I take back to hotel room? Thanks for any help Beryl.

australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Duty Free K/L

Thank you everyone for your input. It sounds like the best thing to do is just purchase once we arrive in K/S. I am traveling with a disabled man and we get assistance to the gate and as I don't like to ask the person helping to wait around while I shop I think that this is best answer. Thanks again for your help as mentioned before we usually go to Phuket all in one day.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,865 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Duty Free K/L

"why not just purchase when you depart to Ko Samui???" - that was the advice given until reply #8. It is Mark S who is confused and is confusing others. There is no mention of the OP flyng to Bangkok before Samui, just that she is flying with Bangkok Airways, which is an international flight.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Duty Free K/L

"Mark, the OP is travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Koh Samui, thus an international flight"...

Not correct sorry. The leg from BKK to USM is a domestic flight, not an international flight. They are stopping overnight in Bangkok, so they clear Customs in Bangkok, not Samui. The next day's flight is an internal flight.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,865 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Duty Free K/L

Mark

You must be seeing a different original post to me.

"We are stopping overnight at Sama Sama hotel, if we go straight to hotel from flight can I go back into the airport to purchase my Duty Free for the next mornings flight to Koh Samui?"

The Sama Sama Hotel is in Kuala Lumpur, part of the Kula Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) complex. They are staying overnight and flying by Bangkok Airways direct to Koh Samui. No mention of flying from or stayiing in Bangkok and Bangkok Airways flight from KLIA (Malaysia) to Koh Samui (Thailand) is non-stop.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Duty Free K/L

In which case, you are correct agree! Assumed (wrongly) that their hotel was in Bangkok. Then the solution is easy..... there is duty free on arrival store in Samui, a small shop in the arrivals lounge.... a departure shop in KUL or the inflight catalogue for Bangkok Airways. But, not to buy on arrival in KL and it is unlikely that "they will keep it at the gate".

16. Re: Duty Free K/L

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 27, 2014