We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

Hi.

After reading transfer problems at this airport can any one help.

I fly into Kulala Lumpur with Air Asia LCCT terminal then I fly out of LCCT terminal with Air Asia about 2 1/2 hours later .I only carry hand luggage and have all boadig cards.

Will this be a problem ,for example do I need to leave this terminal and then renter or can I go directly to my next flight.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

Hi ,

Try posting your question in the Kuala Lumpur forum , you'll get a quick response from Air Asia fans :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

Did you buy your flights on one ticket? If yes, then you'll be in transit. If not, then you'll have to get through immigration.

Edited: 9:50 pm, May 22, 2013
Geelong
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

Joe where are you flying onto from KL? Some Air Asia flights have travel thru where you transit. If you are flying out of LCCT and only have hand luggage you may be okay as long as your flight is on time.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,133 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

If you book Fly Thru i.e. on one ticket, then you remain in transit as JulesB66 says, otherwise you have to clear Immigration and check in again for your next flight but as it is AirAsia it is the same terminal and as long as your first flight is on time you should be OK. If you are on Fly Thru and your first flight is delayed and you miss your connection AirAsia will put you on the next available flight. If you are on separate tickets and you miss your connection you will have to book and pay again for your next flight.

5. Re: AirAsia Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2014