We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad... Your thoughts

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Etihad... Your thoughts

Hi all,

I have just booked 4 flights with Etihad airlines as they had been voted as the best airline three years consecutively... however I have been told that they are not sa good as they like to make out.

We are flying coral economy from London - Singapore via Abu Dhabi and then back from Tokyo - London via Abu Dhabi.

I would just like to know what the thoughts of this airline are from the TA community and if the airline is punctual etc.

Any opinions would be valued.

Thank you!

Bianca

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

voted as the best airline three years consecutively

----------------------------------------------------------

Where?

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

I've used Etihad long haul from London via Abu Dhabi to Bangkok and also same route but to KL.

Never had any issues that would stop me from using them. Flights all went on time give or take 10 mins. Connections were fine, think we had a small delay once in-between but nothing major.

Food was the usual, had 3 choices, although as sat at the back and served last, didn't get my first choice. They do have a pre-book thing for special diets, so if veggie etc you can book this. Free drinks which is a bonus.

IFE was pretty good, had a wide range of films, tv programmes and music and gaming. More than enough to keep you occupied for the flight and some.

Found staff fine, one member of staff annoyed me, swinging on my seat then chatting very loudly to someone behind me late at night. (i.e lights down etc). A polite look of pity from me, and he apologised. So c'est la vie.

Luggage checked all the way and turned up (yay!).

Generally, fine, I would use them again no probs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

Hi Hans,

It suggests that they have been voted best aireline on their website - …etihadairways.com/sites/etihad/in/en/Pages/…

That's one of the reasons I booked with them really. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

Bionicgrasshopper (cool name btw) thank you for your feedback.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

@Hans_DEN

They have been voted No. 1 at WTA, the undisputed number one worldwide when it comes to airline awards.

http://www.worldtravelawards.com/about

@Bianca L

Currently they apparently still face some teething Problems with their new IT platform.

I didn't count my flights with them, but it should be something like 50 sectors in Eco & Business and so far did not have a bad experience with them.

richmond virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

We traveled on Etihad in February and our luggage was lost. It has yet to be found and we have had a series of unhelpful responses over the past weeks (now months). The lack of attention and the meager offer of a fraction of the cost of the contents has been shocking to us.

I would not recommend checking any luggage on Etihad.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

I used Etihad for the first time this winter going from Manchester Bangkok return in economy. My opinion they were excellent. Inflight crew helpful, friendly, plentiful drinks served. Food very good. IFE fine, although the inflight music was dreadful with very little western rock/pop. Abu Dhabi airport was adequate, and I liked the 30 minutes free internet provided on the many airport machines.

I usually fly Qatar or Emirates on this route and would say Etihad much superior to Emirates in service and customer care and almost on a par with the Qatar

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

They have been voted No. 1 at WTA

----------------------------------

voted by travel agents;-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

Best airline in Pearl. "Best" is usually not for economy. Only flew C with them, they are ok. There are better ones on the market. All a matter of price.

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Etihad... Your thoughts

Hi all,

Thank you for advising on your experiences... Susan sorry to hear that Etihad lost your luggage. I hope they return it to you soon! :)

I hope Etihad continue to provide a decent service. If they are similar to Qatar then I'll be a happy bunny!

Cheers!