We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Hi!

My husband and I are travelling around Europe in Sept-Oct 2014. Just wondering when you would suggest the best time is to buy our flights. I have heard there are good deals around November. Also who are the best airline to book with? We are wanting to fly with a mid range carrier.

Thank you!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

no one knows.

u have to monitor the airlines u intend flying with starting 330 days out and when u see a good price go for it.

also keep an eye on on line travel agents like www.bestflights.com.au who will give u a heads up when specials are in the wind.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

How do you define best airline? Cheapest? Best seats? Easiest transit airport? Quietest flushing toilets?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Thanks for the tip lien!

In regards to the best airline, i was mainly just wanting some feedback on different airlines since I haven't flown to Europe before. We would like cheap tickets but in saying that, don't want to sacrifice everything in order to save a few dollars. Would like the essentials to be included in the ticket price, no long stop overs and option to choose seating.

Thanks for your help :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

tis question gets asked all the time - you should have done a search first

sign up to the Airlines web mails - they will send you emails when specials are on

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Raelene - I did a search before posting my question but I was also looking for some feedback on different airlines that fly Sydney - London.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

quite frankly there are too many flying the syd-lhr to list here so get onto www.kayak.com to find out who they are.

then read about them at www.airlinequality.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

it's the same for every person that asks (just different countries) - but same advice.

another way to find out what airlines fly the routes - try skyscanner, expedia or kayak (to name a few) - you will then see who flies. then book directly with the airline

A 20 second search in Skyscanner found about 30 choices of airlines. Cheapest seem to be Malaysian, Ethiad, Fin Air, Air China, China Southern,

On skyscanner - you can get price alerts - which will let you know as prices go up and down.

again - book direct with the airline!

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

If you are flying economy, pay for an exit row. Nothing worse than being locked in your seat all night by the recliner in front. Better still watch for a premium economy sale.

9. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 23, 2014