We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice greatly appreciated

Redcar, England...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
any advice greatly appreciated

Hello People i am looking for advice/answer anything etc regarding something that happened on holiday any advice will be muchly appreciated i was on holiday 2 weeks ago in the Maldives due to weather we couldnt get off one of the islands to the main airport we had booked the holiday through a ABTA covered Company which one i wont say just yet but needless to say because we couldnt make flights even though they were contacted back in the UK before the flights were due to take off the Airline said its classed as a no show the holiday firm contacted us saying the most important thing is getting us home!!!! then what transpired is this i had to pay another 1000 pounds to get home myself after paying for business class flights the company has maintained no contact after 2 emails already to them and having spoke to ABTA they have 28 days to reply before they have to do anything i expect this is going to come as a answer 1st of all the holiday was insured as a package by he company but they will say it is a component package because the accomdation and flights were by 2 seperate companies but i have it on mt ATOL Reciept holiday was covered as a package and i had only to pay a small deposit up front not the full cost of flights as you normally have to do plus although i know the person who sold me the holiday will deny this he sold it as a package to me and i have it stated on ATOL reciept stating this!!! please could anyone advise me were i stand becasue ABTA will not advise me until 28 days have past and i want to go after the holiday company dirct but need to know were i stand many thanks in advance ps Holiday company is based in UK if thats makes any difference cheers again.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

The first bit of advice is to use punctuation and paragraphs which will at least make the post legible.

Who sold you the holiday?... Sounds like it was a bloke down the pub. If it was insured as you say, what does the policy state? Why won't you mention the company name?

From what I can make out you have already contacted ABTA and they say wait 28 days. Maybe you should do that.

London, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

Just claim on your travel insurance. That seems to be the easiest thing to do! (Yes the company should have got you back home at the same cost, but if they are causing that much hassle surely it's easier just to make a claim?)

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

I can't understand any of that gibberish.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

Yes I second Mr Marcoos advice - please write in sentences and every few sentences start a new paragraph. Before anyone can help you they need to be able to read and understand your story.

Redcar, England...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

I am truly sorry for my long sentence people!!!!!!!!!!!. i thought i might have got a advice not a lesson in english grammer!!!!!!. thank you anyway i shall state a couple of other hard facts. 1, my travel insurance only insured me for medical emergencies and lost luggage something which i assumed the travel company would not cover. 2, i did not want to name the company because just incase someone from the company actually read the post!. 3, I believe i was let down badly by the company and payed nearly 10k for holiday and think i deserve something back from them. plus yes the company is ABTA covered and also ATOL insured but having already getting the feeling that they are trying to fob me off i came on here to ask advice, because i have never had a problem with this before and expected some good advice not a lesson in english grammer!!!!!. Sorry for the bad english people i was more bothered about advice not the grammer.

6. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, May 20, 2013
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

It seems your flights home were disrupted due to bad weather in which case I would have expected the airline/tour company to get you on the next flight when the weather issue was resolved.

Did they offer to arrange this or did you simply book the new flights on your own accord.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

It's hard to give advice when the question is buried somewhere in a long run-on sentence. Don't make it hard on people who actually want to be helpful and then complain when they make a perfectly reasonable suggestion on how to more succintly state your problem.

I am unclear from your post why you missed your flight. You were stuck somewhere by bad weather and didn't get to the airport? Were you taking another flight that got cancelled?

Redcar, England...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

Hello TomC thank you for a normal question the flights were disrupted due to bad Weather and yet every other person who was disrupted there Tour operator/ Holiday company got them sorted as were i had to pay for the set of tickets to get my partner and i home the accomodation rep helped us sort flights out and had to pay out of own pocket no such offer from holiday company not a thing!.

10. Re: any advice greatly appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, May 20, 2013
Edited: 10:05 am, May 20, 2013