We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin flight to cancun seating

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin flight to cancun seating

Hi does anyone know which plane and version ie seat map etc we will be flying on when we fly to cancun in August with virgin? Trying to work out where to sit. We are tWo adults , a 9 year old and a 4 year old. Wondering whether to book bulk head seats for the extra leg room or whether to book one emergency exit seat and a row of 3 behind so me and hubby can swap frequently for the extra leg room? Another thoug was to sit in the upper deck. Any thoughts? Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Assuming you are flying from Gatwick you should be on a 747 - see attached seat map.

seatguru.com/airlines/Virgin_Atlantic_Airway…

Bulkhead seats are not always the best as the bulkhead prevents you stretching out your legs, exit rows are ok but you can be bothered by proximity to bathroom/galley.

Upper deck tends to be quieter than main cabin and would be my personal choice.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Ok thanks for that, I thought bulkhead seats may be better with two young kids as they tend to have more floor space, saying that I've only sat in bulkhead in PE never in economy so not sure how much different it is

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Bar upgrading, bulkheads will probably be your only option if you needed extra legroom due to having children with you, you won't be able to have exit rows.

:-)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,956 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Do a dummy booking for the days you are flying or go into "Manage My Booking" on the VA website and you will be able to find out what sort of plane you will be on. You could then have a look on Seat Guru to look at the seating.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Bulkhead are often reserved for people with babies, because of the bassinet anchoring points. Even if you request them you may get your seats moved if someone with a baby needs them. Virgin do have some extra legroom that aren't bulkhead or exit rows, so anyone can sit there.

Bath UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Don't know what date in August you are travelling but seat request opens 90 days prior to travel date. Go to manage my booking on VA site and you will see what seats are available. This may help you make your decision.

Enjoy your trip

Paps.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

Excellent thanks I can book them today so I've provisionally booked the back row of the upper deck and will ask a check in if we can have bulk heads

8. Re: Virgin flight to cancun seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014