We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

Do the prices drop as you get closer to flight time on the Air Canada executive first upgrade (from economy) on the online check in?

I heard that apparently as you get to one hour or two before flight time the price for the online checin upgrade to first class goes down,,,,

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

I heard that apparently as you get to one hour or two before flight time the price for the online checkin upgrade to first class goes down,,,,

=======

If you are checking in online just one hour before the flight leaves, I think that unless you are doing that on a mobile device at the airport stood right in front of bag drop, you are you going to miss your flight.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

Yeah thats what I heard as well... not not sure if its true....can anyone confirm? I did some recon. There are 15 empty exec class seats on my flight so its a buyers market today ;)

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

wanderingyahud, take a look at my post again. I was quoting exactly what you wrote,(see the line underneath it ? "=======" so it would be clear what I was replying to. At least, I thought it would be clear :-( I suggest you read my response again, which for the avoidance of doubt, was;

"If you are checking in online just one hour before the flight leaves, I think that unless you are doing that on a mobile device at the airport stood right in front of bag drop, you are you going to miss your flight."

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,724 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

"There are 15 empty exec class seats on my flight so its a buyers market today" - Whilst they might appear to be empty you don't know they are unsold and even if they were this does not guarantee there will be any cheap upgrades as airlines would normally offer upgrades to their FF members in exchange for miles/points first.

5. Re: Air Canada Executive First International Check in Upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 19, 2014