We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

5 posts
Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

I'm flying to Barcelona in a week. I booked a return fare for me and a friend. He can't go due to work, and due to easyjets' ridiculous charges it was too expensive to change the name to someone else.

Now really I just want confirmation that there won't be any charges for just me turning up when there a 2 people booked?

Also, as it turns out, I've had to book another flight with Ryanair to come home so I can go to the play-off final. Easyjet wanted £192 to change my evening flight to the morning, so I just booked a different flight with Ryanair for £42. So out of the 4 journeys reserved with easyjet (Me and friend Barcelona. And me and friend back to London) only one will be happening (Me to Barcelona) Is there anyway I can get some money back on the other 3, as surely it'd make more sense to give me a little bit back then sell the 3 seats again? Does anybody have any experience of this. Thanks in advance.

Edited: 10:56 am, May 15, 2013
93 replies to this topic
1. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, May 15, 2013
Edited: 11:05 am, May 15, 2013

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,568 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

They'll charge you to cancel them, never mind give you anything back.

Name changes are £35 per flight, as are flight changes, but you do have to pay any increase in flight cost as well.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

Is there anyway I can get some money back on the other 3, as surely it'd make more sense to give me a little bit back then sell the 3 seats again?

>>>>>>>>>

They aren't going to refund you. If you are a no show, they'll sell your seats anyway, without having to give you any type of refund.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,524 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

You won't get any money back is the short, simple answer sorry to say! It isn't Easyjets fault, so therefore they won't be held liable.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,021 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

So......you expect a refund because you have changed your mind and want to go to see some football. OK.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,457 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

You are getting wrong information. Easyjet will refund you any airport taxes you've paid for the flights you don't take. There's no charge for this. There's also no charge to cancel (unless it's within 24 hours of making the booking in which case you also get a full refund).

Cheshire England
Level Contributor
28 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

Another point altogether:

Watch your handbagage with what you are doing. Ryanair's cabin bag weight restriction (10kg) is half of that of Easyjet, so you may well find that the cabin bag that goes out OK on Easyjet is put in the hold and charged at Euro 20 per Kg excess baggage on the way back.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
8. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

< Ryanair's cabin bag weight restriction (10kg) is half of that of Easyjet >

Easyjet don't have a weight limit on hand luggage, so you can't say Ryanair is half of that

As for OP, most airlines WOULD NOT give a refund for someone who decides not to fly, nor would they allow you to change passenger, dates or anything else.

Easyjet are giving more options than the average airline

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
43 reviews
9. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

Just an update for those that may not be fully aware (just like I wasn't)!

I recently booked an Easyjet flight then realised that I didn't require it within the necessary 24 hours for a 'full' refund.

What I didn't realise was that they DO NOT refund the following:

Booking Fee

Card charges

Pre-booked baggage

Pre-booked seats

You ONLY get a full refund for the flight, NOTHING ELSE.

Defeats the object of pre- booking luggage at the same time, you may as well wait until nearer the departure date, just in case.

Also, when you book an Easyjet flight, the cheapest method is to only pay for the seat using a debit card. After that, you can add any extras (such as luggage or seats) using a credit card with no additional fee.

Edited: 12:35 pm, May 16, 2013
Belfast Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
10. Re: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????

Does anyone know the contact number to for easyjet to reclaim Airport tax?

Reply to: Easyjet - Cancellations/Changes/Refunds????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted