We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Hi

I am registered to receive Alerts from Easyjet. The one that came through earlier today was in connection with the pressure on over head lockers. In future, although there will still not be a weight limit for cabin baggage, the dimensions of such baggage will now be reduced from

56cm 45cm 25cm down to 50cm 40cm 20cm. This will ensure that passengers will be guaranteed to be allowed to keep their luggage with them on the flight.

UK
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Hmmm.... I can see their reasoning, but it makes them a much less attractive option.

Fortunately it would seem that this is not being applied retrospectively - my boarding pass (for a flight in early June) has the old measurements on it.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,682 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Makes them smaller than Ryanair

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,725 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Thank goodness, about time.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Agree, not before time. Far too many bags on my last EasyJet flight had to be taken out of the cabin and be checked.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
7,728 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Arggggg! My sub zero cabin baggage is 2cm too long.

Jackie

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

The sizes for hand luggage isn't changing.

They are saying they won't guarantee it won't get gate checked if it's the regular dimensions but if you have the smaller dimensions you are guaranteed to be able to take it on board.

Where as at the moment it's luck of the draw who gets picked on for gate checking.

:-)

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

From 56cm 45cm 25cm down to 50cm 40cm 20cm. This will ensure that passengers will be guaranteed to be allowed to keep their luggage with them on the flight.

=======

As long as that is adhered to, seems like a fair trade off. Its not that big, on American Airlines, though 50% seem to flout it, its 56 x 36 x 23 cm, and the bag I bought to fit that is really quite small. I think people will find when shopping for one, that the 20 depth is the tricky bit.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification FP. Seems that may stop the "they picked on my bag unfairly" rant. Though probably not. I wonder if that guy who ripped his case to bits would find it fitted now? :-)

Edited: 1:42 pm, May 15, 2013
Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

which.co.uk/news/…

Link for those who are interested.

:-)

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Their website has not been updated: …custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4049

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet Cabin Baggage Guarantee

Not sure I can see this having much impact on the problem. My guess is that most people will take their chances, stick with their existing bag and if it gets selected for checking then so be it. Probably won't stop the complaints from the rest though.