We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

option town ESO

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
option town ESO

Has anyone recently been successful in getting an option town ESO? If so did you pre purchase your actual seat prior to the ESO being awarded?

Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: option town ESO

I will NEVER used Optiontown ever again. I paid $144us & $150us for melb to KL & KL to for 2 people in 8/13. Didn't get the upgrades which was fine, but they only refunded me $138us & $105us, quoting the difference was the sign up fees. The KL to Melb leg they charged me for Hot Seats upgrade even though they said they were free initially. Plus, I was charged $10 in international transaction fees when I made the initial payments. So, don't assume you have nothing to lose if you didn't get the upgrades as you wont get all your money back. Take the above into considerations.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: option town ESO

To answer your question I travelled to maylasia in July and my husband and myself purchased our seat in row 8 together

We were not upgraded to premier as we hope but got the eso we were then given 3 seats each in row 20 mine a b c his d e f

And we were reimbursed for the different fares minus $3 au joining fee and the eso option at that time was free so all money except joining fee was returned and was upgraded on the way back so that was great.

And also upgraded to business in vietnam nice will use them next trip where applicable Wooster woo

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
948 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: option town ESO

lindalou80, We have been upgraded 4 times out of 4 for ESO, each time I also paid for our preferred seats just in case we did not get the ESO, I did not mind losing the money if ESO was sucessful, We also once applied for the flat bed option and again was sucessful, we had also paid for preferred seats but again did not mind losing that money.

You might be wondering how we were sucessful 5 times with Optiontown, firstly we book our flights between 6-12 months in advance (when promotions are on with Air Asia) and we also apply at the same time to Optiontown, we also fly on quieter days e.g our last 4 flights Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur were on fridays and our return flights have been on sundays. some people might disagree but I am pretty sure with Optiontown it is first in best dressed.

Safe Flights

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: option town ESO

I prepaid for seats on Mel to Kl but didn't get the ESO as the flight was full. On the return flight I didn't prepay but got confirmation that I had got the ESO. Only trouble was that Air Asia didn't seem to know anything about it and we had to argue a bit at the airport before they would change our seats. The refund for the first ESO was prompt less the joining fee. So in my experience the upgrades are a bit hit and miss.

5. Re: option town ESO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 19, 2014