We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V lounge gatwick

Wrexham
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
V lounge gatwick

Ive looked everywhere for reviews of the v loung at gatwick. Does anyone have any feedback on everything, travelling with a 13yr old so not too fussed about young children's facilities.

romford
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: V lounge gatwick

Poppy, type in Virgin Holidays V Room into the search engine .. all the info is on there.

Wrexham
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: V lounge gatwick

I've searched it but can only find general information selling it, I wanted some feedback on value for money, food drinks etc can't see any reviews anywhere

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,220 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: V lounge gatwick

I've not used the V Lounge at Gatwick but you could find the information you require here

virgin-atlantic.com/gb/…clubhouse.html

http://v-flyer.com/

Swindon, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
4. Re: V lounge gatwick

Poppy,

As there are two Virgin lounges at Gatwick, the Clubhouse and the V Room. The clubhouse is for Upper Class, Gold and selected paid passengers while the V Room is for Virgin Holiday passengers who have paid for access. Which one are you referring to?

Both are good, if you don't fit the criteria above then may I suggest the No. 1 Lounge as an alternative option.

Wrexham
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: V lounge gatwick

The v room for virgin holiday passengers if anyone could just let me know if they've been and if it was worth the £20 each entry fee and what you get food wise, £0 for a acon roll and a coffee seems excessive but if someone has been hopefully they will tell me different

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
484 posts
143 reviews
6. Re: V lounge gatwick

Hi, we used the v-room at Gatwick last year and we are booked in again this year. I think it's great. Very large, clean, lots of tables and chairs overlooking the apron and runway. There is an adult bar area. A gaming area for older children and adults and an area for smaller children, Lego, colouring, kids TV programmes. There's also an area like a little travel agent where you can book your next trip or talk about excursions at your destination. The toilets are nice and clean.

We were there at breakfast time so not sure what the offerings are like later in the day. There is a buffet section where you can help yourself to coffee, juice, cereal, fruits, yoghurts, pastries. There is also a hot counter where you can have a full English breakfast or bacon / sausage sandwiches. I had scrambled egg on toast and it was really good.

We always use lounges ( usually the No. 1 lounge) but I loved the v-room and I thought it was great value for money.

You can pay £60 each for access to the Virgin Clubhouse which is luxury but for £20 the v-room is worth the money. We usually pay £52 for two adults and one child although this time we got free access because I cheekily asked the travel agent!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
99 reviews
7. Re: V lounge gatwick

I've used it on my way to Florida. It was actually added for free on my package holiday but it's worth every single penny of the 20 pounds they ask for it. First of all, you can use the separate line for security, which is great. Then, the lounge itself is nice and spacious. Good breakfast and nice facilities. Virgin Holidays reps are going around to talk to you, good time to ask this famous last minute question you forgot to ask ;-) Furthermore, the general idea of being away from the crowd is already worth the money. All in all, it's a big yes to me and I've already booked it for next January when I'm going to Florida again !

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
8. Re: V lounge gatwick

What drinks are supplied f.o.c in the v lounge? Is t just coffee and juice or does that include alcohol from the bar?

romford
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: V lounge gatwick

Son used V Lounge 2 weeks ago, and as far as I recall all non alcoholic drinks are included, alcohol is payable. He never paid for the V Lounge, although he did say that even if he did have to pay it would have been worth it ... he was impressed.

Stotfold, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
95 reviews
10. Re: V lounge gatwick

We would definitely recommend the V Lounge. We also got free entry however have said we would pay for it on any future trips. The room is very modern & spacious with plenty of seats & tables. There is a games too with computers in & playstations etc. The food is great, plenty of choice on the hot food (toast, full breakfast, bacon bap etc) & you can go up as much as you like. Plenty of other food available also - muffins, fruit, yoghurts etc. There was a good choice of drinks too - tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit juice, milkshake etc. The staff were very friendly!