We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Allowance UK to USA

femster
Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage Allowance UK to USA

We are going as a couple and want to bring 2 suitcases back each. I usually fly Virgin due to having lots of airmile with them. But I am concerned about baggage allowance going to and from Orlando, they only seem to allow 1. we don't mind taking 1 each out there but need to bring 2 back. We are travelling standard ecconomy and only got the basic memberships.

Is there another airline that allows you to do this without paying for the second suitcase?

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage Allowance UK to USA

With BA you would be allowed two suitcases each if you are flying WT + but that is an added expense itself. Their hand luggage is quite generous though if that helps?

You would be best paying for the additional baggage as all the airlines I can think of for transatlantic flights only allow one suitcase unless you pay for another.

Edited: 7:25 am, May 10, 2013
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage Allowance UK to USA

you can 'buy' extra baggage from virgin through manage my booking. it appears to cost £32 per bag [but don't quote me, check for yourself]. more expensive if you leave it until you get to the airport.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,251 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage Allowance UK to USA

Most carriers are consistent on fees which in economy is first bag free, second bag US$100 unless you have mileage status.

4. Re: Baggage Allowance UK to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 12, 2014