We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
Save Topic
Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Tonight, BBC Watchdog looks at airlines failing to pay delay compensation due.

lets see what excuse they have when in front of the cameras (if they have the guts/nerve/cheek too appear!)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Thanks will be sure to watch it.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Cant wait to see what rubbish they come up with.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

When it comes to travel, I can't wait to hear what rubbish the presenters come up with.

Edited: 11:04 am, May 08, 2013
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Hi

I'm with you Leyland, watchdog is not the most factual or unbiased view of anything. Why spoil a good story with the facts. They are the ones who talk about some poor woman who turning up for a Ryanair flight without a boarding card gets charged oodles, they miss out the umpteen emails she must have received to remind her of this, and other such nonsense. I wont watch it because the views are so biased, miss out on the full facts and sometimes are blatently untrue.

Jackie

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

I couldn't agree with you more Jackie. They're no better than the great British press with regards to not letting facts stand in the way of a something that sells (or gets viewing ratings up!).

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,778 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

BBC Watchdog is less about factual reporting and is more to do with confrontational reporting regardless of the subject matter being covered - it's all a ratings game in my view.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Just watched it, apparently there are some defintiions which will be coming out which will give more clarity on what is considered an "extraordinary circumstance" apparently this is a bit vague at present......and some of the airlines are abusing the definition

Edited: 3:23 pm, May 08, 2013
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Monarch, Thomson and Thomas Cook aren't paying out according to the new rules. They say that they are covered by the Montreal convention which says that requests for compensation must be made within 2 years of the flight, rather than the 6 years of the European legislation. I'm just surprised Ryanair weren't included!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

I've just watched it too. The robbers. Anything to get out of paying. Then I heard about Ryanair charging extortionate rates, so no surprise there then.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bbc Watchdog,Airlines refusing to pay

Hi

Watchdog should be renamed 'Jackanory'. Don't watch it and if you do take everything with a pinch of salt. But it's not as bad as that dreadful consumer program with Angela Rippon, her two mates and the ton of nuclear proof makeup they are plastered with.

Jackie