We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Topic
I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

Hi, I am researching for flight tickets from JFK (New York) to ZAG (Zagreb, Croatia) around August 30, 2013. From Kayak, the cheapest ticket I found was Lufthansa – Flight 411, departs from NYC at 5: 40 pm and arrive at Munich, Germany on 7:55am. Then transfer to Lufthansa – Flight 5988 to Zagreb, which departs at 8:55 pm. I also saw small byline that this flight will be operated by Croatia Airlines.

Usually I would like to have more than 1 hr for transferring, but my next option has 4 hr wait between two flights, which seems bit too long to be stuck at the airport. I also think since this is single ticket, Lufthansa will assist me to make my next flight within one hour?

Can anyone tell me how quick and efficient is the immigration procedure at Munich airport? Are the gates are spread apart like CDG at Paris? I had a pretty bad experience with immigration and transfer at CDG six months ago, so if Munich airport is similar, then I would rather wait 4 hrs...

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

If your booking is all with Lufthansa then you don't risk much because you'll be put on the next available flight if you do miss the connection so I think I would go with the 1 hour stop.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

MUC boasts of a 30 min MCT on their web site.

as I said one of the few airports in the world I don't worry about a 1 hour connection.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
192 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

Hi Bree 246, I wouldn't worry about the one hour transfer as you will arrive at Terminal 2 and depart at Terminal 2. As I live here, I don't have experience to make transfer inside the Munich airport. The Munich Airport is definitely easier than CDG in Paris. I guess you will have to pass through the Immigration as you are entering the EU. There should not be much delay walking through the Immigration if you have all the necessary papers with you and if you do not look suspicious ....

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

I guess you will have to pass through the Immigration as you are entering the EU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No immigration when transiting from one non-Schengen country to another non-Schengen country.

Nashik, India
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

my flight arrival time at munich will be 0555 on 16mar. next flight to ancona will be at 1510. what facility will be available to spend the said waiting time in munich airport?

Nashik, India
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

Arrival time of my flight (LH765) at Munich will be 0555, on 16 Mar. Next flight (LH1958) will be at 1510. What are the facility made at Munich airport during the said waiting time?

17. Re: I hr transfer time at Munich Airport. It this enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2015