We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

We are going to vegas in 3 weeks with us airways (Glasgow-Philadelphia-Las Vegas) but am struggling to find out about the entertainment from the Glasgow-Philadelphia part of our flight.

Has anyone went this route in the last 6 months, and if so is it overhead tv's or seat back screens. It's a 757-200 plane but there are 4 versions in the fleet and I'm unsure which one is used from Glasgow. Any ino would be great.

Gill x

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,391 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

not flown it but I seem to remember from previous posts only shared overhead tv's. No seat back IFE. Time to charge up the laptop.

Seat guru shows all 4 versions with no seat back IFE.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Thanks for your reply! Boo just as I thought - Ipad at the ready :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

You might get info from the reviews on the airlinequality website, look for the same route.

www.airlinequality.com

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Great thanks!

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
18 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Gill,

What was the outcome of your flight.

Just trying to find out now the exact same info as on this flight to Vegas (via Phil) from Glasgow this Sunday.

Would appreciate any info/tips-travelling as a family of 5, with 3 kids.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Keep your fingers crossed that you are on a 757-200 V4 as seat guru now indicates that the V4 layout now has personal video screens in both Envoy and economy. From the seat map available on the US Airways site, you'll either have a V2, or a V4 on the GLA-PHL route.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
18 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

It's a minefield finding out specific info, but suspect that suits the airlines! Thanks so much for this. Bought battery chargers for iPads, just incase the crossed fingers goes against us!

G

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Gillvegas,

how was the flight? Did you get the V4 757 with the seatback IFE? I find myself having to use the PHL-GLA route on US Airways in Oct, so I'm curious as to which version serviced this route.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
18 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

It's a minefield finding out specific info, but suspect that suits the airlines! Thanks so much for this. Bought battery chargers for iPads, just incase the crossed fingers goes against us!

G

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
18 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glasgow-Philadelphia US Airways

Overheads only and even then the sound thru the headphones didn't work-v disappointing!