We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Bangkok flights

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Bangkok flights

We are intending to fly from Edinburgh to Bangkok mid March 2013 and return 3 weeks later.

At present prices seem very steep are they likely to com down in the months ahead? Are we better to book asap or wait to later in the year.

thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

Read the top questions. This is forever being asked.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,417 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

"We are intending to fly from Edinburgh to Bangkok mid March 2013 and return 3 weeks later." - Unless you're planning time travel I assume you mean mid March 2014.

Flights for March/April 2014 will only have recently come on sale and in my experience this is a time for high prices as your desire to buy is greater than the airline's need to sell.

If you have flexibility over specific dates/routes then watch prices, decide how much you want to pay and buy when you see that price, don't look again unless you can deal with disappointment of seeing a lower price.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,006 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

Have a look at Qatar. I've just booked for return flights in April 2014 and prices are very good. They may get cheaper but they may go higher. When I booked for same period last yaer they only increased from then on.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

Thanks folks. Sorry about the date error!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

I think you'r trying to book too early but start checking out the matrix or skyscanner websites to see prices and schedules now.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

Also, I would also check flights from Manchester as my friend lives in Edinburgh and sometimes gets the train to anchester because the flights are cheaper.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

We fly from Glasgow to Bangkok every year almost always with Emirates as their prices are usually very competitive. The other benefit is the avoidance of Heathrow which I hate.

We've never paid more than £550 which is fairly reasonable I think.

Travelling to Manchester adds too much time to the journey for me.

Good luck with your planning.

Kind regards

Jim

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,005 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

"Have a look at Qatar, I've just booked for return flights in April 2014 and prices are very good"

Couldn't help but smile when I saw your post Arandora, bearing in mind the events of 3 weeks ago & the thousands of cancelled Qatar Airway bookings. How much did you pay out of curiosity for your flight ?.

I've been watching NCL to BKK prices since February 13, for Jan 14, and still waiting for Emirate prices to come down a lot still

Edited: 6:39 am, May 05, 2013
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,006 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

I paid £627 pp Manchester to Bangkok on 21st November, returning 1st April from Phuket. I paid £598 for MAN to HKT return last year and £714 the year before both with Qatar. I would probably have waited a bit longer but we needed to co-ordinate with friends coming out with us but returning just after Xmas. In the event they booked for £637 with Emirates. Qatar flight leaves half hour after Emirates flight from Manchester but arrives half an hour before in Bangkok so good deal for us all we thought. The cheapest Emirates price for our flights was £770. Prices for flights from 1st December increase significantly.

10. Re: UK to Bangkok flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 07, 2014