We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

Hi all,

I am on the KLM661 flight from AMS - IAH on the 16th May. When checking my booking on the KLM website, it tells me that we are on a Boeing 747 Combi and when checking on Google, I believe we won't have seatback TV's.

Does anybody know if there is a definite way I can check?

Thank you :)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,707 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

According to the KLM website you should have seat back IFE

klm.com/travel/…index.htm

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

Seatguru says "All seats are equipped with Panasonic eX2 Audio and Video onDemand system, providing both World Business Class and economy class passengers with individual screens and control panels so they can start and stop their personal entertainment program at their leisure. The personal LCD widescreens in economy are 9 inches and those in WBC are 10.4 inches."

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

I fly this route quite often and can confirm the flight has personal IFE/seatback TVs in Economy and Economy comfort.

Edited: 8:01 pm, May 04, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

Thank you very much all - very much appreicated.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

Whether or not the IFE will be functional is a different story. It happens on other airlines too. I've gotten the "lucky" seat with non-functional equipment more than once. Anybody know what the MTBF (mean time between failure) is for this kind of equipment? It's a good thing that the aircraft's primary systems are more reliable.

Manchester, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

Hi,

All KLM intercontinental flights have operated by KLM have IFE seatback TV's. The 747 fleet at KLM have recently been refurbished (recently being in the last couple of years) and are quite comfortable.

Just one thing to be aware of is that if you are on a KLM flight (KLM flight number) operated by one of it's partners (typically Delta or Air France) you can not automatically assume you will have personal seatback TV's.

You can use Delta Airlines website and make a dummy reservation check. They show equipment levels of the aircraft operating the flight during the flight selection pages.

7. Re: Does my flight have IFE/seatback TV's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2014