We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible customer care from Expedia

Bournemouth, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Terrible customer care from Expedia

I have purchased holiday from Expedia for the Easter holiday period. During the booking sales advisor told me that my debit card from HSBC account refused transaction and theretofore I need to use different bank/card to proceed with payment, so I gave him my other card (credit master card) details. Following week when I checked my HSBC account I have discovered that I was charged £780.60 by Expedia for my hotel reservation (transaction which I was told did not got trough ) so I decided to check my credit card account and found that exact amount of £780.60 was charged to my credit card to. I have contacted Expedia as soon as possible (first week of the March) and explained the situation. Expedia told me that I need to provide copy of my bank statements from both accounts as prove of transactions. As I wan't receiving my bank statements any longer (since using online banking) I had to call my banks and order them as an extra, which I thought will delayed refund process few more days(big mistake it few month already). I have eventually receive my statements and forwarded to Expedia on 10th of March. Despite my number of (8) email and around 10 phone calls they are still will not give me answer when I will be given my money back or will they give my money back . Every time when I call to costumer service they say someone will contact me next 24 to 72 hours, which never happens. In addition due to error by Expedia on my account (transaction which should of never happened took my account in to over my overdraft limit) and therefore I have an extra £25 charge on my account from HSBC and in addition ever increasing interest fee on my other account as I was relying to pay back my debit with the money taken from me by Expedia.

Because of Language barrier (English is my second Language) I am finding difficult to express my filling in writing, but felt really-really frustrated, however trying my best not show my family(children) as I don't won't them to spoil their good memories about our very first holiday together.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,542 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Have you filed a disputed payment with your credit card provider? Let them fight it out with Expedia.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Exactly. Dispute the charge with your bank and let them fight this battle for you.

Bournemouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Thank you, that's what I have done today, I have spoken to my bank ask them for help, they said that I should receive a form from them to fill and send back with evidences. Just wanted to others to know about this so they can hopefully avoid having similar problems.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

A pain, but this happens with every company, and HSBC may have initally refused the debit charge, and then cleared it, so it may not be entirely Expedia's fault. In any case, disputing directly with your credit card company is the way to go. Good luck.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Glad your bank is going to sort it out you should have contacted them straight away it would have saved you the worry and hassle but you can now look forward to your holiday.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,782 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Why could you nat have printed online statements - you would have had them immediately. Dispute with bank and you should get your cash back.

Bournemouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

Expedia didn't accept online print, they wanted to see original. the funny thing is that they would not accept even original to, stating that my bank statement does not say what card (visa or master ) I have......

9. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, November 08, 2013
10. Re: Terrible customer care from Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, November 08, 2013