We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta baggage - some info and help please

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
394 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Delta baggage - some info and help please

Hi

We are flying from the UK to the US with Delta, I booked directly with them and saw that there were no baggage charges.

Yesterday I wanted to book a flight from Orlando to Montreal, I went on skyscanner and Delta came out as most competitive with times and fares and on the airline comparison it said there was no charge for baggage so i clicked on the link which directed me to Delta and bought the seats, when I got my confirmation email though I notice that there are questions about baggage and that it says there could be a $25 charge per bag, if it is, it is, but how do I find out, I did try calling Delta but was in a queue for so long I gave up. I don't mind paying but just object when it's not made clear in the beginning and I could have paid a little more and gone with Air Canada which is direct but was trying to save a little money. Any advice?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta baggage - some info and help please

Have a look at their baggage policy here:

delta.com/content/…checked.html

"Travel within the United States and Canada" lists a checked bag charge of $25USD for a first bag and $35USD for a second.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
394 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta baggage - some info and help please

Thanks, I saw it, I'm just confused as when I looked first on skyscanner they did not have any baggage charges listed, think I will try again at contacting them, am also going to ask if they can put my my long haul flight and this on the same reference which will make it easier for checking in.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta baggage - some info and help please

Did Skyscanner actually specify "no baggage charges" or did it just not have any listed?

Having a quick look myself, I get a number of options for MCO - YUL (is this correct?)....there's a 'details' link within each option and if you click that you get some extra info.

Next to the total price is a comment of "The price includes mandatory taxes and fees, but you may be charged for optional extras like baggage fees."

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
394 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta baggage - some info and help please

Yes, just went back into Skyscanner and it says first checked bag up to 23kg is included, i've done a scree print but it won't let me paste it on here.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta baggage - some info and help please

Hi,

"think I will try again at contacting them, am also going to ask if they can put my my long haul flight and this on the same reference which will make it easier for checking in."

==> Do know that while you can "link" several unrelated bookings (PNRs) together for passenger convenience-- in some cases the carrier will only go by what is shown in their system as the ticketed travel, and this is what commonly drives what an agent see as your baggage allowance etc. Linked bookings don't alter the ticketing structure.

While Delta is free to waive whatever they like, it is more common these days that carriers will go by whatever is your allowance under your tickets structure. Just be aware that if your goal here is to impact your domestic bag fees, this might not work..

Travel Safe,

6. Re: Delta baggage - some info and help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2014