We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin America Baggage Payment

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin America Baggage Payment

Hi all

I recently booked an economy ticket on Virgin America from Cancun to LAX (flying mid November).

In regards to baggage the booking confirmation says - "For tickets booked on or after April 12, 2013 for International travel to and from Mexico, Main Cabin Guests are invited to check up to ten (10) bags up to 50 pounds for a fee of for $25 each"

Does anyone know when you have to pay this fee - I assume it is on check-in but it doesn't say? Do you have to pay cash?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am used to Australian airlines where you pay for your baggage at the time of booking.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,163 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin America Baggage Payment

You may pay the checked bag fees at online check in or at the airport ticket counter. There seems to be no difference in the cost of bags when paid for at OLCI versus at the airport, but I'd say it's handier to pay in advance rather than deal with the process at a bag drop desk.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin America Baggage Payment

I paid the $25 fee in cash at the time of check in. If I recall correctly it wasn't an option for me at the time of my flights in Sept. last year to pay online due to an Aussie credit card. Wasn't a hassle for me to pay on the day.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin America Baggage Payment

Thanks to you both for your answers - very helpful :)

4. Re: Virgin America Baggage Payment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2014