We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
142 reviews
United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

Flew United Economy Plus Dublin - IAD yesterday. First time in E+ and would highly recommend as an intermediary product. Sat in 8F which is bulkhead and had at least 3feet between my feet and the divider - no disturbing my neighbours everytime i wanted to move.

Bags are stowed overhead for these seats so as soon as we reached cruising altitude, i took mine down and used it as a footrest,. food was a chicken or beef thingie but entirely edible. I'm not sure if E+ is boarded after Business as i arrived at the gate just as economy were boarding.

While i certainly noticed the extra leg room, I also noticed the *hip* room which was perfect for a wideload like me.

Pre-immigration/customms clearance was completed at Dublin - lines were quite long but was through in approx 20 minutes. Arrived in IAD as a domestic passenger and went on my merry little way.

I would certainly fork out the E90.00 each way it cost . It's an excellent product and good value for money ime

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,138 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

"I would certainly fork out the E90.00 each way it cost . It's an excellent product and good value for money ime"

I'd agree that for a long haul flight it can make it far more comfortable for a reasonable price but there will be others who disagree saying they can cope with 7 hrs in economy and prefer to spend the money on something else.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

i think there must be economy plus and economy plus.

across the pacific in a UA 747 for 14 hours it is great value.

however across the usa (sfo-jfk) for 5 hours on a UA 757 it seems just as cramped as normal economy.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
510 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

Lien...agree with your point re: across the US vs across ocean travel...but if I'm trying to make a connection - it is worth it to me to be closer to the front of the plane to get off quicker.

We're flying from SMF to IAD in October where we have 90 minutes to make the connection to FCO. At first I just bought E+ seats for across the pond..but then started thinking that it would be a good idea to get a running start with the closer seat.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
25,175 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

Glad you liked it Katy, and thanks for the information about row 8DEF. That'll definitely be a row to bear in mind if/when I ever end up on that plane for TATL.

As regards your "question" about boarding, and it's well worth answering .....

>>I'm not sure if E+ is boarded after Business ..<<

E+ itself gets no priority boarding, which is handled by elite FF status and paid cabin (on that plane BusinessFirst). If you don't have FF status on UA or Star (or an eligible UA credit card) you would have boarded in the first non-priority group as you had a window seat.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
194 reviews
5. Re: United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

Good to get a positive review in amongst all the rants so thanks for posting.

6. Re: United Economy Plus ? It's a yes from me.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2014